Taycan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey nice to meet everyone here, I placed a deposit today on a Turbo S and set out my initial "optional extras" can't wait now for the car, but seems like current lead time is May 2022....

While I have still got a load of questions - including what am I doing spending so much money on a new car.... I wanted to ask everyone two questions please :)

1. What is the one optional extra you added (or didn't add) that you would recommend.

2. What is the one option extra you didn't add (or wish you had no added).

If you could explain your answer that would be awesome. I have put on about 18k of extras right now.... but have a meeting with the dealership on the 11th to review the order ive placed, and of course take another test drive while I am there!

Note I do plan to take this car for track days with the local club too.... 馃弾

Registered
For me (Taycan Turbo), I love having rear wheel steer, it just makes the car more nimble given its size. I wish I had 2 features 1) Intelligent cruse control, its just so much more relaxing on long drives then normal cruse control where u have to keep decelerating and accelerating with traffic ahead. 2) Electric folding mirrors (How can this not be standard on a 165k car?)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For me (Taycan Turbo), I love having rear wheel steer, it just makes the car more nimble given its size. I wish I had 2 features 1) Intelligent cruse control, its just so much more relaxing on long drives then normal cruse control where u have to keep decelerating and accelerating with traffic ahead. 2) Electric folding mirrors (How can this not be standard on a 165k car?)
Thank you. Yes I totally agree it seems silly certainly on anything other than the base model to not have electric mirrors, it should just be a free option to remove them!

Some of the more expensive options I have put on that im wondering if I should remove are....

• Carbon Sport Package
  • PDCC Sport (as ill be taking this on the track seems worth it?)
  • Panoramic roof (wife wanted this on there, but will it effect aerodynamics in any notable way?)

A couple of things I have been wondering about adding are...

• RaceTex for the B-Pillar?
  • Which floor / trunk mats? (I should add I play a lot of golf and can get mats pretty dirty sometimes so easy to clean would be great)
  • Bermester sound - is it worth it?
  • Protective film (if only on front will this fade / change color with time compared to the rest of the car...)

Registered
The panoramic roof, standard on my CT, will not effect aerodynamics, but it will give the rear seat folks noticeably more head room. My light-sensitive daughter does not like the sunlight from above, so I will put a darker film on it.

My dealer offered protective film, but I will be getting it after-market.

I bought WeatherTech mats for front and rear seats from somebody here on the forum, and I do like them. After only 2 weeks of having the car in the city (with no golf) they are clearly holding dirt. And the standard Porsche carpet-mats are notably thin. I do not have a trunk mat yet, but I want one.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer offered protective film, but I will be getting it after-market.

I bought WeatherTech mats for front and rear seats from somebody here on the forum, and I do like them. And the standard Porsche carpet-mats are notably thin.
Thank you.

I have seen people look for after market film, any thoughts on which to get, it seems self-healing and hydrophobic properties don't tend to last.

Good to know about the mats being thin I am going back to the garage in just over a week so I do want to take a closer look at these things depending what they can show me in the showroom.

Registered
Thank you.

I have seen people look for after market film, any thoughts on which to get, it seems self-healing and hydrophobic properties don't tend to last.

Good to know about the mats being thin I am going back to the garage in just over a week so I do want to take a closer look at these things depending what they can show me in the showroom.
In a thread in this forum on films I posted 3 links to videos which helped me decide. I have decided to go with 3M films, particularly the ceramic IR stopping film for the glass roof, although that might be overkill with the Porsche optional heat and sound insulating glass I already have (no kill quite like an overkill!). Others have had what they consider good results with other quality brands. The dealership offered one of the films considered high quality, and I believe they subcontract the work out to a local shop.

Registered
I got the RWD, so these might be standard on the Turbo S. but one option that might be overlooked that I would highly recommend is the rear light strip in glacier blue. Also like the under-the-door puddle lights and the door sill light (which wasn't offered when I bought mine, but I'm adding on). One option that I wish I had gotten but didn't, is (are?) the glacier blue headlights . . . very distinctive. And, of course, the Mission E wheels!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the RWD, so these might be standard on the Turbo S. but one option that might be overlooked that I would highly recommend is the rear light strip in glacier blue. Also like the under-the-door puddle lights and the door sill light (which wasn't offered when I bought mine, but I'm adding on). One option that I wish I had gotten but didn't, is (are?) the glacier blue headlights . . . very distinctive. And, of course, the Mission E wheels!
Great, I did sort of skip over the glacier blue lights, but I shall take a further look at this option. Thanks.

The Mission E wheels are the default and I have added the Jet Black option for them as I am going for their mamba green (currently on the order form) or cherry most likely on the colour. The Jet Black wheels seems a better match with those.

Registered
Last night it was dark enough to see the result of the headlights which turn with the steering wheel, I cannot remember what Porsche calls them, perhaps something with the word 鈥榓daptive.鈥

They are great! I live on a steep twisty road and they not only help on the tight curves, but they are great fun too!

I recommend them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last night it was dark enough to see the result of the headlights which turn with the steering wheel, I cannot remember what Porsche calls them, perhaps something with the word 鈥榓daptive.鈥

They are great! I live on a steep twisty road and they not only help on the tight curves, but they are great fun too!

I recommend them.
Nice for a fairly small price they sound like a good addition

Registered
Great, I did sort of skip over the glacier blue lights, but I shall take a further look at this option. Thanks.

The Mission E wheels are the default and I have added the Jet Black option for them as I am going for their mamba green (currently on the order form) or cherry most likely on the colour. The Jet Black wheels seems a better match with those.
To evaluate the light strip, make sure you see a car without the light strip and then one with and do it when it's dark so the difference stands out. One disappointing thing that I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I didn't know when I ordered . . . the glacier blue "P-O-R-S-C-H-E" itself doesn't alight. Still . . . highly recommend it.

Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
Hey nice to meet everyone here, I placed a deposit today on a Turbo S and set out my initial "optional extras" can't wait now for the car, but seems like current lead time is May 2022....

While I have still got a load of questions - including what am I doing spending so much money on a new car.... I wanted to ask everyone two questions please :)

1. What is the one optional extra you added (or didn't add) that you would recommend.

2. What is the one option extra you didn't add (or wish you had no added).

If you could explain your answer that would be awesome. I have put on about 18k of extras right now.... but have a meeting with the dealership on the 11th to review the order ive placed, and of course take another test drive while I am there!

Note I do plan to take this car for track days with the local club too.... 馃弾
To answer just your 鈥渨hat one option is must have鈥 question, without a doubt my answer is Adaptive Cruise Control. The reason is twofold: 1. By frequently setting my speed at 9mph above the speed limit, I know I have saved myself from getting speeding tickets (the Taycan鈥榮 ride is so quiet and smooth that 80mph feels like 50mph) and 2. once you set a speed, the Taycan will keep a safe distance from vehicles in front of you and reduce speed where needed And even come to a complete stop if needed. With this, if you are in traffic and stay in your lane, the car will drive itself including acceleration after coming to a complete stop. This is a great feature IMHO.

If your question had asked for the 3 options that are Must Have, the two additional options I鈥檇 recommend is the Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass and the Sport Chrono Package. My reasons for recommending these two are 1. The Noise Insulated glass makes the cabin of the Taycan even more quiet ( my Taycan is so quiet that my wife says it makes our Cayenne S sound like a noisy bucket of bolts by comparison.). The low noise level in combination with the ultra smooth ride and the hum of the electric motors makes me feel like I am at the controls of the Starship Enterprise or some Hovercraft out of Star Wars.

Regarding the Sport Chrono package, the reason I recommend is that with the Sport Chrono you get an additional Drive Mode (Sport Plus) which will give you a bit more performance out of your Turbo and, more important, you get a very useful small Knob near the center of the Steering Wheel which lets you quickly and easily switch drive modes (Range, Normal, Sport, Sport Plus and Individual) on the fly. Without this Drive Mode Selector Knob, changing the Drive Mode involves multiple taps on the main screen and that is not a safe way to switch drive modes while you are driving IMHO.

I hope these recommendations help. Good luck in making your final configuration decisions.

Registered
I did not order the Sport Chrono package for my 4CT. I do have the Sport Plus option and I do like that driving mode. As mentioned, setting it requires tapping, perhaps multiple times, on the shock absorber icon on the far right of the dash, and I fully understand why he says it does not seem safe. Turning the knob on the steering wheel would be much easier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.