Taycan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Texas, US.
I've ordered Taycan 4S yesterday and added HUD and 19.2 kW AC On-Board Charger.
(You can add those options at your local dealership in the US but not at Porsche website.)

I have only 120V power outlets in my garage so I have to tell my electrician to install 240V outlets.

What do I have to tell him specifically? I've heard NEMA 14-50 only covers 9.6kW(240V, 40amps) but mine is 19.2 kW.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome @polarbear! One thing you can bring up to your electrician is the need for a 100 amp circuit. Other than that you should be good to go with the charger. When are you expected to get your 4S?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome @polarbear! One thing you can bring up to your electrician is the need for a 100 amp circuit. Other than that you should be good to go with the charger. When are you expected to get your 4S?
Thank you for your reply.
My dealer told me that I can get it early Feb 2021.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo - Gentian Blue
39 Posts
Man that's a nice bump in home charging speed. As the other person commented you'd need 100amps to do it as it's an 80 amp draw (watts=volts x amps) and you need 20% of headroom on something that's a constant draw which puts you at 96amps. I'm guessing it's going to be hard-wired. Makes me wonder how they handle the PMCM with that option....

Oh and you may want to look for pictures of the HUD. It looks like a bolt-on accessory that's behind the screen so you lose the 'floating' look of the dash. It's personal preference but just something to be aware of if you haven't seen it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man that's a nice bump in home charging speed. As the other person commented you'd need 100amps to do it as it's an 80 amp draw (watts=volts x amps) and you need 20% of headroom on something that's a constant draw which puts you at 96amps. I'm guessing it's going to be hard-wired. Makes me wonder how they handle the PMCM with that option....

Oh and you may want to look for pictures of the HUD. It looks like a bolt-on accessory that's behind the screen so you lose the 'floating' look of the dash. It's personal preference but just something to be aware of if you haven't seen it.
Thank you very much! It would help me a lot to make a decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts