Taycan Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will be ordering my first Porsche (a RWD Taycan) next week. Has anyone had any luck negotiating with the dealer? Are you just stuck with the MSRP on a made-to-order?
I just ordered a Taycan thru the Costco auto program and got $6k off of the list price of $116,000.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the info on Costco. Coincidentally, I went on their website this evening and the response I got from them was that they didn't have a dealer they worked with in my area (we have 3 Porsche dealerships with 30 miles of where I live (Fort Lauderdale). Would you mind giving me your zip code so Costco can locate a dealer near it?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the info on Costco. Coincidentally, I went on their website this evening and the response I got from them was that they didn't have a dealer they worked with in my area (we have 3 Porsche dealerships with 30 miles of where I live (Fort Lauderdale). Would you mind giving me your zip code so Costco can locate a dealer near it?
You may want to skip Costco. Multiple dealers offering more than 7% off Taycans. But probably not Champion or The Collection whete you live. Only caveat to that is if Costco gives you an additional store credit which can be well over $1k...Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn’t have a Costco dealer near me either. I ordered the car on line. Talked to the dealer by phone. The dealers near me offered a discount on Taycan’s on the lot but not so much if I wanted to order one. They did offer discounts for their repeat customers but this is my first Porsche. Frustrating. I used Walters Porsche in Riverside CA. John Beech is the Costco contact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered my RWD at the end of February and I was expecting it by April 23th but got delayed to May 7th, it is at the port in Germany waiting to get on the boat. I got $3,500 discount without even asking for it at Orlando dealership.
Mine is frozen metallic blue, aluminum roof, 19" wheel, heater seats, folding mirrors, rear steering wheels, air suspension, performance battery 93.4kWh and on board 150kWh charger.
If I could, I'd add Vectoring system and sport Chronos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No Air suspension on mine, height doesn’t adjust with it. Still have Sport Plus chassis setting. I didn’t order it bought it right after it dropped off the transport truck. I had originally was going to lease a new 4S but decided not to at the time. I had a 911 cab and decided to keep it but couldn’t resist it with the sticker price below $100k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No Air suspension on mine, height doesn’t adjust with it. Still have Sport Plus chassis setting. I didn’t order it bought it right after it dropped off the transport truck. I had originally was going to lease a new 4S but decided not to at the time. I had a 911 cab and decided to keep it but couldn’t resist it with the sticker price below $100k. View attachment 3094
Based on your experience, how is the suspension compared to the 911?
I have the opportunity to get a volcano gray under 100k. Although many the options are not my preferred, it still seems a good deal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Based on your experience, how is the suspension compared to the 911?
I have the opportunity to get a volcano gray under 100k. Although many the options are not my preferred, it still seems a good deal
Sport Plus on the 911 is a firmer/tighter handling ride. The low center of gravity on the Taycan RWD still gives a rewarding drive but not the same as a S 911. I haven't and most likely won't drive it on the edge as that's not in my wheel house skill set wise. I am huge fan of the brand but don't drive them like I stole them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to slightly change the subject but I wonder if there could be a Taycan convertible in Porsche's future..

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Sorry to slightly change the subject but I wonder if there could be a Taycan convertible in Porsche's future..
I highly doubt it, as it would cannibalize 911,718, spyder sales if even remotely feasible... And a four door convertible harkens back to cars like the Mercedes 600 Landaulet...And a two door Taycsn is in essence a 911 anyway...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts