Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Taycan buyer (6th Porsche....'17 991.2 911, '69 911T, Macan S, Macan GTS x 2). Ordered RWD, White, Limestone interior, turbo wheels, double bubble roof, sport chrono w/Alcantara wheel, front headrest crest, rear axle steering, PASM... Delivery in late May. Drove Turbo S, 4S, and after recently selling my 991.2, both just got to "arrest me" speeds too quickly.!!

I'm looking for superior handling and a brisk ride, which I think I will find in this build!!
Looking forward to the new electric experience!
JB

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New Taycan buyer (6th Porsche....'17 991.2 911, '69 911T, Macan S, Macan GTS x 2). Ordered RWD, White, Limestone interior, turbo wheels, double bubble roof, sport chrono w/Alcantara wheel, front headrest crest, rear axle steering, PASM... Delivery in late May. Drove Turbo S, 4S, and after recently selling my 991.2, both just got to "arrest me" speeds too quickly.!!

I'm looking for superior handling and a brisk ride, which I think I will find in this build!!
Looking forward to the new electric experience!
JB
Oh, also can't forget the electric sport sound in my build too!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok. This will be my first Porsche and I'm interested in some etiquette. I will be ordering a RWD in Cherry Metallic with the Mission E wheels. Here's the question . . . I've been riding for decades and two things you don't do when you're riding a Harley is wear a full helmet or a face shield. I'm thinking that raised white lettered tires would look great on my Taycan, but don't think I've ever seen raised white lettered tires on a Porsche. Are they considered a no-no?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok. This will be my first Porsche and I'm interested in some etiquette. I will be ordering a RWD in Cherry Metallic with the Mission E wheels. Here's the question . . . I've been riding for decades and two things you don't do when you're riding a Harley is wear a full helmet or a face shield. I'm thinking that raised white lettered tires would look great on my Taycan, but don't think I've ever seen raised white lettered tires on a Porsche. Are they considered a no-no?
If you're a Harley guy you know there's a design etiquette, to put it in non-Harley speak, that exists when you put your bike together. There are visual statements that are part of Harley's language and additions to the bike that look really foreign. I think the same goes with a Porsche. There's a kind of Euro feel that naturally fits on a Porsche and I think raised white letters on the tires just don't fit. Look at the Mission E wheels with the color matched to the car. That could give you what you're looking for as a strong statement without stepping outside the look and feel of a Porsche. This is a highly personal point of view, but something that might help. Good luck with your great new adventure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just ordered RWD as well. Debated having it replace either my Chevrolet Volt or Boxster S but that ended up to be an easy choice. :)

Volcano/Black, 20" Aero wheels all season tires, premium package (with massage option), ACC, PASM, folding mirrors, 2+1 seats, heated steering wheel.

No delivery date yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you're a Harley guy you know there's a design etiquette, to put it in non-Harley speak, that exists when you put your bike together. There are visual statements that are part of Harley's language and additions to the bike that look really foreign. I think the same goes with a Porsche. There's a kind of Euro feel that naturally fits on a Porsche and I think raised white letters on the tires just don't fit. Look at the Mission E wheels with the color matched to the car. That could give you what you're looking for as a strong statement without stepping outside the look and feel of a Porsche. This is a highly personal point of view, but something that might help. Good luck with your great new adventure.
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just ordered RWD as well. Debated having it replace either my Chevrolet Volt or Boxster S but that ended up to be an easy choice. :)

Volcano/Black, 20" Aero wheels all season tires, premium package (with massage option), ACC, PASM, folding mirrors, 2+1 seats, heated steering wheel.

No delivery date yet.
For my 17-March order, just got a 16-April estimated production date and 28-May estimated delivery to dealer. Appears dealer swapped my build into an allocation slot they already had in process.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will be ordering my first Porsche (a RWD Taycan) next week. Has anyone had any luck negotiating with the dealer? Are you just stuck with the MSRP on a made-to-order?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pro
Will be ordering my first Porsche (a RWD Taycan) next week. Has anyone had any luck negotiating with the dealer? Are you just stuck with the MSRP on a made-to-order?
Your success will probably depend on your relationship and past business with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that the factory build date or estimated delivery date to you?
This is the delivery date! Build is locking in a couple of fays-- one week after I ordered it. I decided to add the Premium pak and get thd pano roof...

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got 6% off MSRP at Porsche of Princeton....
However, I have ordered two cars through Hennessey in Atlanta. They will be the deeper discount (they ate the #3 volume dealer in the entire US)...but shipping would be factored in since i.live in NJ.

·
Registered
7 Posts
However, I have ordered two cars through Hennessey in Atlanta. They will be the deeper discount (they ate the #3 volume dealer in the entire US)...but shipping would be factored in since i.live in NJ.
Ordered mine through Hennessy. They have been great. Following comments everywhere and having driven a Taycan with rear wheel steering, successfully got it added to the build even though the "window" was technically closed.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ordered mine through Hennessy. They have been great. Following comments everywhere and having driven a Taycan with rear wheel steering, successfully got it added to the build even though the "window" was technically closed.
How were you able to drive RWD Taycan yet? They cleared port in Rhode Island just yesterday, and will be at dealers next week.. Did u drive a press car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Woops my mistake. You said RAS, not RWD!

No problem. Hennessy sent me to the Porsche Experience Center to drive the Taycan. Had my own fully loaded Turbo S for two hours. It was a blast but I think the Taycan RWD in the real world will give me 95%+ of the Taycan experience for less than half the cost.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No problem. Hennessy sent me to the Porsche Experience Center to drive the Taycan. Had my own fully loaded Turbo S for two hours. It was a blast but I think the Taycan RWD in the real world will give me 95%+ of the Taycan experience for less than half the cost.
Yes, agreed. I almost never used all the power in my 991.2 C2S. If I did, then I was in very at dangerous speeds way too quickly. And with soon many deer where I live (I took out 4 deer one January night in my Macan GTS, Thank God I wasn't in my 911 or I may have been killed) the high speeds just are not worth it. I loved driving the more powerful 4S and Turbo S, but I know that I would not use even 20% of the power...so what's the point of paying tens of thousands of dollars more??? It's the fantastic handling that has drawn me to the Taycan (RAS IS A MUST!). It handles nearly as nimble as my 911 Did!!
Besides....I used the savings to by a new Defender for my new Weekend off-roader!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts