Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What option did you select for the tinted REAR windows? (And in what section of the configurator - I couldn't find it)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What option did you select for the tinted REAR windows? (And in what section of the configurator - I couldn't find it)
Hiya,

We are very lucky in New Zealand in that the local distributor adds tinted rear glass as standard to all or their Taycans. If you want to add it elsewhere in the world then if you go into the configurator and look in the "Lights and Vision" section it's the last option but you have to tick the "Thermally and noise insulated glass incl. privacy glass". As we have no extremes of temperature here in Auckland the dealership said we don't need the double glazing of the glass. Whereabouts are you in the USA as it may be something you might consider

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've attached a copy of my order with all of it's options. Will be interesting so see what comes as standard where you are compared to what we get as standard here as I believe we get a much higher standard spec than most other places in the world !!!! The photo's in the quote don't show the tinted rear windows but they are definitely included and worth having. I have owned 2 Boxsters from new since 2004 and they are still rated as one of the best handling cars in the world. My current Boxster is a 2009 987.2 model with PDX and 3.4 litre engine so I will be very sad to see it go :( My fear was that the Taycan wouldn't handle as well. I test drove a Turbo and 4S standard Taycan and it seemed to go round the corners pretty well with it's low centre or gravity with the weight of the battery but I was worried a little about drift around tight corners. I have a 30km journey over very hill bendy roads to get to my beach house and that is the test of any car for me. As I didn't want to risk it not cornering well I had already included "Torque Vectoring Plus" and "Power Steering Plus"to my order but after reading comments here from other Boxster owners with the same concerns I added the Rear Axle Steering just to be sure !!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
802 Posts
That looks fantastic. Be sure to share live pics when you take delivery. Nice to see that you don't have to wait too long.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
Congrats. Excellent choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts