Taycan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Base Taycan Black with Black and Limestone Beige Interior
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in NC.
I’m going up to Porsche Gold Coast on 5/1 to pick it up.
I’ve owned many cars in my life but this is my first Porsche.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome @D’Roc!

How did you spec you Taycan and did you consider any other ways to configure it before finalizing your order?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I live in NC.
I’m going up to Porsche Gold Coast on 5/1 to pick it up.
I’ve owned many cars in my life but this is my first Porsche.
Congratulations @D'Roc! Is this going to be your first EV as well as first Porsche?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations @D'Roc! Is this going to be your first EV as well as first Porsche?
Depends... I considered my Cadillac ELR an EREV and I did manage to go months without using any gasoline with its 35-41 miles of range.
But others consider it and the Volt Hybrids (Serial). But I did have a Level 2 built into my house when I built it in 2018 and I plan to use my JuiceNet Box on the Taycan.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome @D’Roc!

How did you spec you Taycan and did you consider any other ways to configure it before finalizing your order?
I was configuring one locally. My Dealer had a June allotment for a Taycan with a late July scheduled delivery. But I found one similar to how I was wanting to option mine up on a Dealer’s Lot in NY (it didn’t have the ambient lighting and was my third color choice).
But I figured a bird in the hand...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same here on all counts! Just picked it up last week and am enjoying it very much so far. Good luck.
Any thoughts/observations to share in your first days of ownership?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got mine last week, I just added the performance battery, air suspension and rear steering wheel.
Hi,

I am considering to add air suspension option in my order. Do you notice clearly with air suspension?

Have you tested both without and with?

I had 2016 Cayman Base with steel string.

I appreciate your reply.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,

I am considering to add air suspension option in my order. Do you notice clearly with air suspension?

Have you tested both without and with?

I had 2016 Cayman Base with steel string.

I appreciate your reply.
I haven't tried the steel suspension, but I really like the air one. The setup from Norman to Sport is noticeable, especially in the city, it is from comfort to stiff. Also, on highway cruising on Range mode, the suspension drop 20mm and it helps with the efficiency.
Air suspension and rear steering wheels are my 2 to go options, and I'd the Chronos package, I found myself changing modes frequently based on the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't tried the steel suspension, but I really like the air one. The setup from Norman to Sport is noticeable, especially in the city, it is from comfort to stiff. Also, on highway cruising on Range mode, the suspension drop 20mm and it helps with the efficiency.
Air suspension and rear steering wheels are my 2 to go options, and I'd the Chronos package, I found myself changing modes frequently based on the road.
Thank you for your comment. However, PASM is even comes with steel suspension. Is PASM different with air suspension?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
You're a goner now. My 2021 Taycan 4S is my 8th Porsche in the last 8 years. Once you're bitten it never heals.

Reactions: ICU and Alexramos7
1 - 16 of 16 Posts