Taycan Forum banner

Jaguar XJ EV vs Porsche Taycan

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TEV31 
#1 ·
Jaguar's all-electric 2021 XJ sedan is said to get up to 300-miles of range, feature all-wheel-drive and be built on JLR's new MLA platform.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Blue

While it won't be the most direct rival to the Taycan, I think to the average buyer this electric XJ might be an option.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for heads up, honestly I own a Jaguar I-Pace and I think it actually is an alternative to the Taycan. Its not similar but its a very sporty, pretty fast crossover. It is very well built inside and out and is a real luxury car in its own right (unlike the Tesla offerings). So this won’t be Jaguars first alternative to the Taycan.

#4 ·
Jaguar is saying this new XJ will still look very conventional.

"‘It’s going to be a very, very luxurious, very, very calm, tranquil piece of transportation. But it's not overtly flashy, it's not overtly expensive. It’s a car, which you make an emotional connection with. We don't want all our people who get our cars to just sit in the back of them and just be driven around in them. They can be used like that, but at the end of the day, we know that these cars are there to be experienced and driven and enjoyed; enjoyable to sit in, relaxing to sit in, and beautiful to look at."

The Taycan is the opposite although not as wild as what Audi will probably do with the e-Tron GT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.