Taycan Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S 2022
5 Posts
With not too much digging, I found who is the manufacturer of the Taycan motor and transmission: Schaeffler starts mass production of electric motors
It’s a great drivetrain and I love it. Just a shame that Porsche can’t come clean with this. Strikes me as very deceptive that they can’t even mention that they had a “partner” in its development. Every piece of marketing from Porsche talks about their developing the system. Heck, we all assumed this. It actually looks like it’s all Schaeffler. I’m heartbroken. There’s been class action suits brought for less. Time for someone from Porsche to step up and tell the truth!
That is no big deal frankly. You have bought PC from HP or Dell or Lenovo etc and they all have the CPU designed and built by Intel. Does it make your PC more or less reliable ?? It is the ability to put a car together with that kind of performance with all its parts and not juste one component. Everyone has to use subcontractors to build certain parts and nobody, whatever they can say, can build all their parts themselves. Nobody can be good at everything.

·
Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
98 Posts
:) Who knows, I might go back to Porsche too (previously 911 was my car of choice). I have been with Tesla since 2013 (sorry, Porsche kept on selling ICE cars which simply couldn't touch the EV performance) but definitely ready to move-on four Model S's later. Not going back to ICE, but finally Porsche has an EV which would work for me (almost bought the Taycan when it came out, but different stage of life, don't have space to park 2 cars anymore, so need one car which can give me performance and able to handle lots of cargo on occasion). If I end up buying the CT, you will likely see me active here. Currently the CT is the front runner, though the local dealer is telling me it might be a long wait for even an allocation, so I might end up picking up something else and reconsider Porsche in 2-3 years. Heck, that's how I ended up with a Model S, I was waiting for a Model X, got bored, picked up a Model S as a placeholder instead, then another one (Model X was very delayed), then when Model X did finally came out, I didn't like it as much as the Model S, so got 2 more since, but cannot convince myself to buy another one - the steering yoke with all touch buttons instead of the steering wheel with physical buttons and stalks was the final straw that solidified my desire to switch brands.

All that said, I don't wear rose colored glasses, and definitely don't see any car as absolutely flawless with no room for improvement. :)
Tesla was very stupid to put that Yoke Steering wheel in the Model S. The Yoke (which also has a tiny little horn button that can only be pressed with your right thumb)) is an absolute joke and an indication that Tesla is into generating buzz with silly gimmicks and is not interested in building the best car possible. There is no doubt Tesla has chased away many potential Model S buyers with its steering Yoke.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts