Taycan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
the plug and charge in NOT available in my car because of the aforementioned conflict with the onboard 19.2 kw charger, which I believe to be the root of all the charging issues that I and some others are having.
Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
the plug and charge in NOT available in my car because of the aforementioned conflict with the onboard 19.2 kw charger, which I believe to be the root of all the charging issues that I and some others are having.
With all the trouble this optional piece of electronics is causing, and it likely is a single module, you might start arguing to get the module removed and replaced with the lower-power / standard module, although that would not be a very Porsche thing for a dealer to agree to. I have read that they are offering the 19.2 kw option again this year, so it may be possible to replace your unit with the newer one and its software.

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
This is an expensive option that causing these charging issues. Since I purchased my 4S from existing inventory that option was not spec'ed in my build. Kinda of glad it was not at this point.

Reactions: Bill H

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a Taycan turbo. I had power problems a few times.
Car was in for 8 days. Porsche fixed it all. Very happy now, prob best car in that ballpark now!

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
That’s really good to hear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had 4S since Oct and now it looks like I need new main battery.
Couple of weeks ago it only showed 190miles range after full charge, then suddenly a complete electrical system failure.
V disappointed at lack of diagnostic expertise

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
Where is your car now. Sorry you had to join us under those conditions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had 4S since Oct and now it looks like I need new main battery.
Couple of weeks ago it only showed 190miles range after full charge, then suddenly a complete electrical system failure.
V disappointed at lack of diagnostic expertise
My base only shows 193 mi @ 95% charge?

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
Are they saying the main battery needs replacing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are they saying the main battery needs replacing?
Still running various tests to try and fix.
One of the cells apparently could have like a daisy chain fault in which case they will switch the complete battery. Service manager told me they have switched a few since launch

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
Please keep us updated on your progress.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same issue with Electrify America. And 80% of the time need to call them to reset the charger and then it usually works but they always tell me its the Porsche APP problem. So not sure if this is a Porsche problem or an EA problem. As I have talked to others charging and they too have had problems on Audis...

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
What model Taycan do you have and what battery options?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm reading lots of issues with owners and their vehicles, Mainly about: Door Panel noises, complete power loss, OTA Connectivity, Rapid battery degradation, EA Charging issues, and so forth.. I understand it's a relatively new car and for Porsche the EV segment is still pretty fresh, but are these common or the exceptions to an otherwise OK platform?
I'm reading lots of issues with owners and their vehicles, Mainly about: Door Panel noises, complete power loss, OTA Connectivity, Rapid battery degradation, EA Charging issues, and so forth.. I understand it's a relatively new car and for Porsche the EV segment is still pretty fresh, but are these common or the exceptions to an otherwise OK platform?
I am the proud owner of a 2021 4S and I am a regular reader of this forum and first time posting a response. Just to reassure, that while the reports are real of issues being experienced and I am not minimizing those frustrations or issues; I have had zero issues and I run mine harder than most (love tearing up non EV sport cars daily). I also wanted to share that my Ford Shelby 350R, MB AMG 550, Cadillac Escalade Platinum, and Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Racer all have had so many more issues and trips to dealerships or mechanics than all positing put together. So much so, that I feel fortunate with my recent and only trip to Porsche for the update and recall. If you have one enjoy it, and if you are thinking about getting one you will love it. Stay healthy...

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
118 Posts
I have the same issue with Electrify America. And 80% of the time need to call them to reset the charger and then it usually works but they always tell me its the Porsche APP problem. So not sure if this is a Porsche problem or an EA problem. As I have talked to others charging and they too have had problems on Audis...
it is a problem that a small set of owners have, do you have the 19.2 kw onboard charger? when was the car built? I have a 50-50 shot at getting the charger to charge without calling EA and I've had two instances where EA couldn't get the charger to charge.

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
I have the standard battery and not battery plus and do not have the 19.2 kw onboard charger. My experience at EA has been just about flawless. Sorry that you are having issues. Hopefully, Porsche will come up with a software update to correct that issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
After 16 months and 43500kms on my MY2020 4S+, only issues I’ve had have been rear lights and side lights fogging up and have had them replaced under warranty. 12V battery replaced under recall without any prior issues. No malfunctions or glitches whatsoever. Just downloaded Active Lane Assist and Porsche Innodrive OTA successfully and couldn’t be happier with the car. A lot less headaches and issues with the Taycan 4S+ than any of my, over the years, 12 911’s. Service costs are about 1/4th of the 991.2 and running costs are almost negligible in comparison. Just finished a 4 day track event at ACR and car was performing above and beyond my expectations and I came in 10th out of 27 participants all over and won my class (four-door) ahead of a Cayenne 3.0D with a superb driver, another 4S and a Taycan Turbo with RAS.

Best car money can buy at present!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts