Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading lots of issues with owners and their vehicles, Mainly about: Door Panel noises, complete power loss, OTA Connectivity, Rapid battery degradation, EA Charging issues, and so forth.. I understand it's a relatively new car and for Porsche the EV segment is still pretty fresh, but are these common or the exceptions to an otherwise OK platform?

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
452 Posts
I'm reading lots of issues with owners and their vehicles, Mainly about: Door Panel noises, complete power loss, OTA Connectivity, Rapid battery degradation, EA Charging issues, and so forth.. I understand it's a relatively new car and for Porsche the EV segment is still pretty fresh, but are these common or the exceptions to an otherwise OK platform?
Not everyone is experiencing those issues. I had my Taycan 4S for almost two months and I've had one minor issue with my Sirius XM radio. A short visit to my dealer and problem solved. My feeling is that the issues above are exceptions and not the norm. I would expect that the total number of owners having these issue is very small in comparison to those who are not. Keep in mind this car is a computer on wheels so there may be gremlins from time to time but I have every confidence that Porsche will set up and correct them.

Reactions: Bill H and Bullet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not everyone is experiencing those issues. I had my Taycan 4S for almost two months and I've had one minor issue with my Sirius XM radio. A short visit to my dealer and problem solved. My feeling is that the issues above are exceptions and not the norm. I would expect that the total number of owners having these issue is very small in comparison to those who are not. Keep in mind this car is a computer on wheels so there may be gremlins from time to time but I have every confidence that Porsche will set up and correct them.
Ok awesome. I'm extremely excited as this is my first Porsche purchase, but it's so daunting coming from BMW where I had tons of issues.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
452 Posts
Keep in mind this a brand new platform for Porsche. I've been a Porsche owner for over a decade and I never hand any issues with my previous cars so I'm willing to cut them so slack with the Taycan. They build an excellent product and I'm certain what ever issues the Taycan may have they will find a way to correct them.

Reactions: Bill H and Bullet

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Turbo but so far (Touch wood) its been flawless. Like any manufacturer I'm sure there will be issues going forward, hopefully minor. BTW: The experience with EA charging stations has also been flawless so far which is a huge bonus as my expectation level was at about zero for EA based on the reviews. I even have plug and charge working which as my Taycan is a 2020 I was not expecting.

I think you will really enjoy the experience its a fantastic driving car.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
452 Posts
I have a Turbo but so far (Touch wood) its been flawless. Like any manufacturer I'm sure there will be issues going forward, hopefully minor. BTW: The experience with EA charging stations has also been flawless so far which is a huge bonus as my expectation level was at about zero for EA based on the reviews. I even have plug and charge working which as my Taycan is a 2020 I was not expecting.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Awesome thank you, It's refreshing to see positive reviews. I know I have to take online reviews with a grain of salt because most people will come online to fix a problem / complain. The ones with none are out enjoying their Taycans :DD

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
452 Posts
Awesome thank you, It's refreshing to see positive reviews. I know I have to take online reviews with a grain of salt because most people will come online to fix a problem / complain. The ones with none are out enjoying their Taycans :DD
That is so true!

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
114 Posts
battery degradation issues? it's so new how would anyone have such an issue?

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
452 Posts
I have a hard time understanding that as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I suspect Bullet is referencing the 12v issue which causes a complete shutdown. With all the hoopla going on and the panic wave started by it, you have to realize only about 3 tenths of one percent of all Taycans manufactured have had this anomaly. (125 +/- /42000) That’s damn low for a car in year two on the market. And I suspect it’s related to a certain option or options not “talking” to each other. In all the years I have owned Porsche, I have never lost faith in their product and certainly will not over this issue.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
452 Posts
I suspect Bullet is referencing the 12v issue which causes a complete shutdown. With all the hoopla going on and the panic wave started by it, you have to realize only about 3 tenths of one percent of all Taycans manufactured have had this anomaly. (125 +/- /42000) That’s damn low for a car in year two on the market. And I suspect it’s related to a certain option or options not “talking” to each other. In all the years I have owned Porsche, I have never lost faith in their product and certainly will not over this issue.
Could not agree with you more. (y)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Absolutely no issues except for fogging of rear/side lights

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
114 Posts
the car is a new car with some sporadic issues. I have problems that were baked in by Porsche and they are not being very supportive. because of the a bug in the onboard 19.2 charger plug and charge will not function in my car and I have a 50-50 shot of getting an EA unit to initiate without a call to EA to kickstart the unit, turning a 20 minute charge stop into a 60 minute stop and twice I almost was stranded because EA could not get the units to deliver a charge.
there are many wonky software issues that are to me a minor inconvenience.
there are 2 rattle issues, B pillar on the drivers side and the passenger headrest, the latter is easily fixed by giving it a hard whack to get it in position and the first one requires a skilled tech to repack the B pillar. shouldn't happen in a 100k car.
there are features that just don't work well like the hands free trunk/frunk opening.
the rear view camera is very poor.
and a huge fail is the inability to do anything more than minor OTA updates.
the last update took 3 days for the dealership to load, I am wary of the recall update my dealership is delaying installation for 6 weeks because that is the first opening for a loaner.
the drivability of the car is great but the tech and support for issues that crop up is no better than PISS POOR.

so while many have had a good experience with the car there are cars out there like mine or even worse than mine out there.

the dealerships try to be helpful but are constrained in how far they can go by Porsche NA and Porsche in germany.

if you get a bad car the best advice is to build a lemon law case and get out of the car.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
452 Posts
I assume you are going to take advantage of the lemon law with your 4S. Do you have the ability to charge at home or are you at the mercy of the EA charging stations?

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
114 Posts
I assume you are going to take advantage of the lemon law with your 4S. Do you have the ability to charge at home or are you at the mercy of the EA charging stations?
I can charge at home but the lack of charging reliability on road trips renders the car to being a low range in town car, I could have gotten a leaf if that is what I wanted.
porsche sold me a car with promises of fast charging to extend the range of the car. they baked in a flaw that limits the ability for the car to charge. how it will play out is up in the air.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
452 Posts
Is there any hope of getting this charging issue resolved? I assume since you have a 2021 the plug and charge option is available to you. Is you charging experience any different if you use the App rather than the plug and charge?

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
114 Posts
Is there any hope of getting this charging issue resolved? I assume since you have a 2021 the plug and charge option is available to you. Is you charging experience any different if you use the App rather than the plug and charge?
the plug and charge in NOT available in my car because of the aforementioned conflict with the onboard 19.2 kw charger, which I believe to be the root of all the charging issues that I and some others are having.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts