Taycan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the spring mechanism the retracts my interior door handles is so tight that the handle has actually pinched( black and blue and painful) my finger a couple of times . I have to be very careful in opening the door or this can happen quite easily. Has anyone else had this problem or it just my car or me ? My dealer has no clue about this or anything else for that matter .

Registered
the spring mechanism the retracts my interior door handles is so tight that the handle has actually pinched( black and blue and painful) my finger a couple of times . I have to be very careful in opening the door or this can happen quite easily. Has anyone else had this problem or it just my car or me ? My dealer has no clue about this or anything else for that matter .
I have done it 4 times already and bled once.

Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
I've done that at least 3 times and my wife once. We are both very careful when we open the doors. Those door handle springs are very heavy.

Registered
I've done that at least 3 times and my wife once. We are both very careful when we open the doors. Those door handle springs are very heavy.
My car is due in 8 days and I'm getting "high anxiety" reading posts like yours. Have you brought this problem to the attention of your dealer? If so, have they given you an explanation as to why they can't fix it?

Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
My car is due in 8 days and I'm getting "high anxiety" reading posts like yours. Have you brought this problem to the attention of your dealer? If so, have they given you an explanation as to why they can't fix it?
Yes in fact I was just at my dealer and told them about the heavy springs on the door handles and how you can get your fingers pinched if you're not careful. This was news to them. No one has mentioned this before me. There is really nothing you can do to fix the issue other than being careful when you pull on the door handle when you are exiting the car. I'm hoping in time the spring will loosen. In the mean time being aware of it should help. Good luck with your new Taycan. It's an amazing car.

Registered
Yes in fact I was just at my dealer and told them about the heavy springs on the door handles and how you can get your fingers pinched if you're not careful. This was news to them. No one has mentioned this before me. There is really nothing you can do to fix the issue other than being careful when you pull on the door handle when you are exiting the car. I'm hoping in time the spring will loosen. In the mean time being aware of it should help. Good luck with your new Taycan. It's an amazing car.
Unbelievable! You spend well over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND dollars for a car and they can't figure out how to replace a spring?! Kant wait until someone sues them over this! BTW, did I read that you bought at Champion?

Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
Unbelievable! You spend well over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND dollars for a car and they can't figure out how to replace a spring?! Kant wait until someone sues them over this! BTW, did I read that you bought at Champion?
No actually I bought my Taycan 4S at Hennessy in Roswell, Georgia.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I told my dealer( Rusnak Pasadena ) and as usual they had no clue nor did they seem concerned. If a small child caught their hand in the the door latch they , in my opinion ,could suffer a broken finger . When that happens maybe we will see some action. I have another Porsche with similar door handles and they work perfectly so it鈥檚 obviously a design problem with the Taycan.

Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
I plan on bringing it to the attention of my dealer to get their impressions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts