Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the spring mechanism the retracts my interior door handles is so tight that the handle has actually pinched( black and blue and painful) my finger a couple of times . I have to be very careful in opening the door or this can happen quite easily. Has anyone else had this problem or it just my car or me ? My dealer has no clue about this or anything else for that matter .

Registered
the spring mechanism the retracts my interior door handles is so tight that the handle has actually pinched( black and blue and painful) my finger a couple of times . I have to be very careful in opening the door or this can happen quite easily. Has anyone else had this problem or it just my car or me ? My dealer has no clue about this or anything else for that matter .
I have done it 4 times already and bled once.

Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
I've done that at least 3 times and my wife once. We are both very careful when we open the doors. Those door handle springs are very heavy.

Registered
I've done that at least 3 times and my wife once. We are both very careful when we open the doors. Those door handle springs are very heavy.
My car is due in 8 days and I'm getting "high anxiety" reading posts like yours. Have you brought this problem to the attention of your dealer? If so, have they given you an explanation as to why they can't fix it?

Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
My car is due in 8 days and I'm getting "high anxiety" reading posts like yours. Have you brought this problem to the attention of your dealer? If so, have they given you an explanation as to why they can't fix it?
Yes in fact I was just at my dealer and told them about the heavy springs on the door handles and how you can get your fingers pinched if you're not careful. This was news to them. No one has mentioned this before me. There is really nothing you can do to fix the issue other than being careful when you pull on the door handle when you are exiting the car. I'm hoping in time the spring will loosen. In the mean time being aware of it should help. Good luck with your new Taycan. It's an amazing car.

Registered
Yes in fact I was just at my dealer and told them about the heavy springs on the door handles and how you can get your fingers pinched if you're not careful. This was news to them. No one has mentioned this before me. There is really nothing you can do to fix the issue other than being careful when you pull on the door handle when you are exiting the car. I'm hoping in time the spring will loosen. In the mean time being aware of it should help. Good luck with your new Taycan. It's an amazing car.
Unbelievable! You spend well over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND dollars for a car and they can't figure out how to replace a spring?! Kant wait until someone sues them over this! BTW, did I read that you bought at Champion?

Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
Unbelievable! You spend well over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND dollars for a car and they can't figure out how to replace a spring?! Kant wait until someone sues them over this! BTW, did I read that you bought at Champion?
No actually I bought my Taycan 4S at Hennessy in Roswell, Georgia.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I told my dealer( Rusnak Pasadena ) and as usual they had no clue nor did they seem concerned. If a small child caught their hand in the the door latch they , in my opinion ,could suffer a broken finger . When that happens maybe we will see some action. I have another Porsche with similar door handles and they work perfectly so it鈥檚 obviously a design problem with the Taycan.

Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
I plan on bringing it to the attention of my dealer to get their impressions.

Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
I did mention this issue to my dealer and the finance manager said it has happened to him once but he's now aware of it and makes sure his fingers get out of the way. There is basically nothing you can do, at least, at this point in time. Could be corrected in future production models.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I find it good karma that a Porsche employee also discovered the problem in a painful way . I am sure they could easily and quickly fix it my redesigning or modifying the spring that causes the door handle to retract . It鈥檚 very painful when you catch your finger in the latch and it鈥檚 kind of embarrassing that you have to warn your guests to be careful or they can injure themselves . Maybe they can print a big warning sign we can paste on the door , that would be real classy on a$125k car . This is a small but stupid annoying problem on otherwise a great car .

Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
I don鈥檛 disagree with you but I refuse to let it dampen my feelings about my 4S.

Reactions: ICU

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don鈥檛 disagree with you but I refuse to let it dampen my feelings about my 4S.
Finally the service manager of Rusnak Porsche called me and acknowledged the door handle problem . Stated they have had several complaints and have contacted the factory to develop a fix . Could take months to find a solution but it鈥檚 at least progress . I didn鈥檛 anticipate a quick fix at this time , but just an acknowledgment of the problem and their intent to find an answer and implement a change. . Getting use to the car and liking it .

Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
That would be great if they come up with a fix.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the more appropriate statement would be 鈥 they have a ethical and most likely a legal responsibility to effect a repair 鈥

Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
Can鈥檛 disagree with that.

Registered
Ive got a blood blister on my pinkie finger right now. The handle has gotten me (or one of my passengers) 5-6 times since I got the Taycan. I love the car, but man that interior door handle is a freaking weapon and you need to be aware when you release it to get your fingers out of the way.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ive got a blood blister on my pinkie finger right now. The handle has gotten me (or one of my passengers) 5-6 times since I got the Taycan. I love the car, but man that interior door handle is a freaking weapon and you need to be aware when you release it to get your fingers out of the way.
At least need warning signs ,I did my finger again today (4th time) . Porsche is aware of the problem and is 鈥渨orking on it鈥 . We need a special attorney who specializes in finger injuries. The rest of the car is great ,mostly , when I compare it to my Tesla S ( except the regenerative braking is very weak

1 - 20 of 24 Posts