Taycan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Taycan. I'm wondering if there are any on-line information sources recommended regarding set-up, charging, etc.

It's a great car but my dealer and salesperson seem a bit clueless regarding detailed information. I'm looking for, perhaps, some instructional videos or presentations (if available).

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on getting your new Taycan @mjm! Did you go with the 4S Turbo or Turbo S? Here's a copy of the owner's manual for you to take a look at.

Here's a couple of videos on charging

Is there a website with other such videos?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome @mjm!

Like what others said, the Porsche Good To Know App provides a lot and comprises the following features:
  • Handbook with all vehicle details
  • Video instructions for your vehicle functions
  • Information about Porsche Connect
  • Interactive graphics
  • Practical tips on the vehicle
  • Exterior and interior images of your vehicle
  • Keyword search function (index search)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car has been back the dealer now twice--once for a week. Lots of electronic bugs. Drives great, but I don't think Porsche has figured out the electronics, specifically the connectivity between my phone, my car and my charger. Porsche Connect unreliable. Nobody at dealership can help with setting up the home charging. The manual is dense and difficult to navigate.

Porsche is working with me and, according to the general manager at my dealership, they are working directly with Porsche.

Overall, a very poor consumer experience. The people at the local dealership have zero experience with charging or setting up home charger/profiles/etc and, while trying, offer very little help. Hoping to get all this worked out.

I'm going on vacation and will deal with it later.

Has anyone out there had a seamless experience and, if so, could you tell me the name of the dealer. I will call them directly if my local dealer personnel cannot figure this stuff out.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My car has been back the dealer now twice--once for a week. Lots of electronic bugs. Drives great, but I don't think Porsche has figured out the electronics, specifically the connectivity between my phone, my car and my charger. Porsche Connect unreliable. Nobody at dealership can help with setting up the home charging. The manual is dense and difficult to navigate.

Porsche is working with me and, according to the general manager at my dealership, they are working directly with Porsche.

Overall, a very poor consumer experience. The people at the local dealership have zero experience with charging or setting up home charger/profiles/etc and, while trying, offer very little help. Hoping to get all this worked out.

I'm going on vacation and will deal with it later.

Has anyone out there had a seamless experience and, if so, could you tell me the name of the dealer. I will call them directly if my local dealer personnel cannot figure this stuff out.
Sadly, you're not the only one that's had issues with Porsche connect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts