Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got to drive one of these at a local Porsche dealer. It reminded me of a Ludicrous S in speed. It felt very flat and stable and had great handling and steering. The interior was very high quality and I liked the controls and touch screens. I liked the ability for rear seat occupants to control HVAC and seat heaters. The storage space in the front and rear trunks was much smaller than a Tesla's https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/. The charging ports are in the front which I feel is a better location than in the rear. There is a control on the wheel similar to a Ferrari Manettino to control the drive modes of range-normal-sport and sport plus. Every time I went from one mode back to normal it turned on fake performance sounds which I could to disable. That reminded me of the "creep" feature on Tesla: the first thing to disable. The Taycan's $5,800 optional premium sound system did sound great. I went through about 12 miles of range on the car driving it fast and hard. I think I drove about 10-12 miles but we all know how low the range is and how inefficient the car is. To me, the more electric cars out there the better but I'd rather have a Ludicous S and a Performance 3 and money in the bank than one Taycan Turbo S. Good luck Porsche!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice review, but you failed to mention vehicle aesthetics. The Taycan is basically “drop dead gorgeous” whereas the Tesla, albeit a miraculous car, looks like any other generic Honda/Toyota. 😎

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Model S P100D and a Taycan Turbo S. Previously I had a 2013 2WD Model S. The P100D is quite fast in a straight line but handles like a station wagon; the Taycan is faster. The Tesla interior and general fit & finish is ordinary but functional. The Taycan fit & finish is superior as you would expect with a Porsche. The P100D is well suited to long highway drives and slow country road drives. The Taycan better thought out and is more comfortable and quieter on the highways and handles - well like a Porsche, albeit a heavier Porsche on country roads. My wife has a Porsche C4S with all-wheel drive and steering and that car has a harder, tighter ride as one would expect with a lighter car. The P100D controls and screen are more intuitive and have improved over time with re-designs. The Taycan has comprehensive, functional controls but with some quirks that could use a redesign to simplify functions like programming charging. I must say I look forward to driving the Taycan more than I do the P100D.

·
Registered
Taycan Turbo S, Maclaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Alpha Romeo Giulia Quadrafoglio, Mini Cooper, Tesla P100
13 Posts
I had a 911, and I had a P100D, now have a Taycan Turbo S. My summary is this: Tesla is a crappy very fast car with an amazing software. Taycan is an amazingly built very fast car with a crappy software. I loved my Tesla for everyday driving and loved the autopilot, could not stand the service guys, and the lac of quality. I am now loving my Taycan, but cannot stand the poorly programmed software and its glitches. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 911, and I had a P100D, now have a Taycan Turbo S. My summary is this: Tesla is a crappy very fast car with an amazing software. Taycan is an amazingly built very fast car with a crappy software. I loved my Tesla for everyday driving and loved the autopilot, could not stand the service guys, and the lac of quality. I am now loving my Taycan, but cannot stand the poorly programmed software and its glitches. My 2 cents...
It's definitely glitchy. But I think of it like the iPhone. The hardware stays the same within a model, but the updates overtime fix the glitches. So as long as everything works mechanically, the software will get fixed...hopefully!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts