Taycan Forum banner

I can't seem to get a fast charge at a 350 kw charger?

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  ChargeIT 
#1 ·
I have only tried twice, but I can't seem to get more than 150-180kw out of a 350kw charger. I set my car's navigation to the charger 1 hour in advance, assuming that would bring the battery to the correct temperature, although it was 80 outside both times. Does leaving the car on, so not to lose AC, maybe affect charging speed? Any tips & tricks I am missing.

BTW, adaptive Cruise Control on any drive setting, all highway, seems to get 290-295 mi. Agreed?

#3 · (Edited)
I noted the same thing. I’m preparing to take a trip from Raleigh NC to Chicago IL later this month. Since I will be entering some charging areas with <10% SoC and will need to charge upwards of 95+% for the next leg, I decided to perform a test at my local 350 kW EA Charger. I pulled in with 7% SoC and charged to 100%.
7% to 96% (~71.1 kW) took 42 minutes with an average pull of 101.4 kW for that duration.
The highest charge I saw was at around 22% SoC where it peaked at 166 kW (it may have went higher as I didn’t stare at the EA Charger the entire time)
I will note that I did see my highest battery temperature to date at 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
The last 4% (8.8 kW) took an additional 9 minutes (average pull of 58 kW) for a total of 51 minutes to go from 7% to 100%.
I have a base 2021 Taycan RWD with the 79.9 kWh standard battery.

#5 ·
I have only tried twice, but I can't seem to get more than 150-180kw out of a 350kw charger. I set my car's navigation to the charger 1 hour in advance, assuming that would bring the battery to the correct temperature, although it was 80 outside both times. Does leaving the car on, so not to lose AC, maybe affect charging speed? Any tips & tricks I am missing.

BTW, adaptive Cruise Control on any drive setting, all highway, seems to get 290-295 mi. Agreed?
that should not have any affect. It’s gotta be the charger. Next time call their help desk and see if that is really putting out 350kws

#12 ·
I've used the 350 kWh charger twice now. While it worked flawlessly I did not see a significant savings in time over the 150 kWh charger which is much closer to my home so I'll probably stick with the 150 kWh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.