Taycan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only tried twice, but I can't seem to get more than 150-180kw out of a 350kw charger. I set my car's navigation to the charger 1 hour in advance, assuming that would bring the battery to the correct temperature, although it was 80 outside both times. Does leaving the car on, so not to lose AC, maybe affect charging speed? Any tips & tricks I am missing.

BTW, adaptive Cruise Control on any drive setting, all highway, seems to get 290-295 mi. Agreed?

· Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Cherry Red Metallic
24 Posts
It depends on the state of charge when you plug in. You will never see it at 350.

You will see 250-270 or so during the lower part of the charge, then level out to 150-180 and slow down even more as it approaches full.

· Registered
2021 Base Taycan Black with Black and Limestone Beige Interior
27 Posts
I noted the same thing. I’m preparing to take a trip from Raleigh NC to Chicago IL later this month. Since I will be entering some charging areas with <10% SoC and will need to charge upwards of 95+% for the next leg, I decided to perform a test at my local 350 kW EA Charger. I pulled in with 7% SoC and charged to 100%.
7% to 96% (~71.1 kW) took 42 minutes with an average pull of 101.4 kW for that duration.
The highest charge I saw was at around 22% SoC where it peaked at 166 kW (it may have went higher as I didn’t stare at the EA Charger the entire time)
I will note that I did see my highest battery temperature to date at 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
The last 4% (8.8 kW) took an additional 9 minutes (average pull of 58 kW) for a total of 51 minutes to go from 7% to 100%.
I have a base 2021 Taycan RWD with the 79.9 kWh standard battery.

· Registered
27 Posts
It depends on the state of charge when you plug in. You will never see it at 350.

You will see 250-270 or so during the lower part of the charge, then level out to 150-180 and slow down even more as it approaches full.
And, once again, the car is smarter than me…
I forgot I had enabled the protect battery during charge. Today, I unchecked that box and saw 222 kW at a 350 kW EA charger.

· Registered
68 Posts
I have only tried twice, but I can't seem to get more than 150-180kw out of a 350kw charger. I set my car's navigation to the charger 1 hour in advance, assuming that would bring the battery to the correct temperature, although it was 80 outside both times. Does leaving the car on, so not to lose AC, maybe affect charging speed? Any tips & tricks I am missing.

BTW, adaptive Cruise Control on any drive setting, all highway, seems to get 290-295 mi. Agreed?
that should not have any affect. It’s gotta be the charger. Next time call their help desk and see if that is really putting out 350kws

· Registered
27 Posts

I believe I read somewhere that the PB can pull the 250-270 but that the smaller SB maxes around 225 which is around the most I’ve seen in my SB.
And, FWIW, it really warms the battery; I’ve seen my battery temp up to 127 degrees Fahrenheit.

· Registered
2020 Taycan 4S, 93.4kwh, 2010 GT3, 2020 Cayenne Coupe e-hybrid
12 Posts
Go to charging, then overview and press on the three dots in the lower right of the screen...then click on battery friendly charging....see the photo below:
Where do you find the battery temp?
You can find the battery temp in the rightmost "barrel" on the dashboard, when you select the appropriate option for what to display in that barrel. I think it is "Info".

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I've used the 350 kWh charger twice now. While it worked flawlessly I did not see a significant savings in time over the 150 kWh charger which is much closer to my home so I'll probably stick with the 150 kWh.

· Registered
2020 Taycan 4S, 93.4kwh, 2010 GT3, 2020 Cayenne Coupe e-hybrid
12 Posts
Go to charging, then overview and press on the three dots in the lower right of the screen...then click on battery friendly charging....see the photo below:
The “protect battery” menu option is not accessible to me (see pictures). I’m taking the car in for the spring software update (and the “no motive power” recall) tomorrow; maybe it’ll look different afterwards. I hope so, ‘cause I only got 100kw, at the peak, from the 350kw charger in Salinas. Vehicle Automotive mirror Personal luxury car Gadget Font
Window Gadget Mode of transport Automotive design Vehicle

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Please be sure to share the results of your software update and how it relates to the protect battery option.

Reactions: pkhalvorsen
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.