Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is locked main battery fully charged however i can't open the car with main or spare key ,probably 14volt battery is flat has any one else experienced this problem

·
Registered
148 Posts
It has happened to several people so far. You need run through the dead 12 V battery procedure in owners manual. You open the car with the mechanical emergency key, use an external 12 V jump battery on to post on fuse box to open the front trunk to access the battery and then jump the 12 V battery. The car should then wake up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanyou very much r553 yes the break down company did exactly that ,I do think Porsche need to react quickly with a patch to solve otherwise this will start to be a major problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
back to normal however a concern after breakdown call out ,Porsche need to address the issue certainly coming up to winter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They sorted very quickly up and running within the hour
next problem has been the app connecting to PCM its so unstable
any way the car is great I had a Tesla S for 4 years there electronics were amazing never had an issue ,its just the taycan drives better and much better seating and all round looks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the flat legacy "12v" battery problem yesterday. Had to get Porsche Assitance. Now know how to fix it myself. The cause of the flat batetry was because I left it plugged into my 7kw house charger for 3 days. It charged the lithium battery and then drained the "12v" battery.

This is crazy. I am sure Tesla don't have this problem. Porsche are aware of this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tesla has the same problem, actually it's an EV problem…

But Q:
can I just charge my 12V battery with a normal car charger (used in wintertimes if car used infrequently)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts