Taycan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
InsideEVs released this video that goes through how to use the most popular DC fast chargers in the US. They talk about how to pay, activate and charge your car for each provider.

They cover chargers from Electrify America, EVgo, ChargePoint, and Tesla Superchargers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer today and he told me that Porsche has now instituted a policy that you cannot use Tesla supercharger‘s on a Porsche vehicle or risk losing your warranty. The reason is partially that Tesla could hack into the Porsche car via charge port and potentially cause harm to the main OS.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
118 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer today and he told me that Porsche has now instituted a policy that you cannot use Tesla supercharger‘s on a Porsche vehicle or risk losing your warranty. The reason is partially that Tesla could hack into the Porsche car via charge port and potentially cause harm to the main OS.
Tesla superchargers will not initiate a charge with your taycan regardless of porsche's policies. I don;t where you goth this info

·
Registered
43 Posts
"Tesla superchargers will not initiate a charge with your taycan regardless of porsche's policies."

But it will on all other Tesla chargers. I just bought a Tesla to J1772 adapter that advertises it will work with Tesla except their superchargers.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
118 Posts
"Tesla superchargers will not initiate a charge with your taycan regardless of porsche's policies."

But it will on all other Tesla chargers. I just bought a Tesla to J1772 adapter that advertises it will work with Tesla except their superchargers.
I bought this smaller and more expensive 60 amp adapter. 60 amps is the minimum that I would buy

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

View attachment 3041
This works fantastic with all non-networked Tesla chargers so far in the U.S. (My personal experience).

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
This works fantastic with all non-networked Tesla chargers so far in the U.S. (My personal experience).
That's good to know. Thanks for sharing.

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
I have and used my TeslaTap mini at a hotel a few weeks ago. It was flawless. Interestingly, their regular charger only delivered .2 mi/min while the Tesla charger delivered the same .4 I get at home. Made the purchase worthwhile!
How long did it take to charge and what was the cost?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts