Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone

It's my first post on this forum. I'm looking into buying (ordering) a Taycan RWD soon.

I basically chosed the options I wanted and submitted the generated porsche code to my local dealership directly through the Porsche website.

Since I was told by Porsche Ibéria (who appears to be the Porsche representative across Portugal and Spain) that Dealerships were independent, I had this idea of submitting the same code to more dealerships (I have 5 countrywide) to see which one gives me the better conditions (not only price wise but also regarding slot allocation).

However, when I submitted the code and later on received an answer from my local dealership (which are great so far, I should add), I noticed that, in the email history, they got a message from central Porsche Ibéria about my submission.

So now I'm kinda in doubt. The local dealer is being very responsive and nice in the few emails I exchanged with them but I still would like to consult the "competition" but don't want to cause any confusion in the central system by submitting the Porsche code to several dealerships.

Has anyone an idea how this works in Europe?

I suppose I could just call the dealerships but it's so much easier with the code at hand and they know exactly what I want.

BTW, what kind of discounts are you guys getting on orders?

I'm being offered 5% off from list price right now. Is that standard?

Thank you

Tony
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Tony . . . Excuse me for interjecting my two cents, but . . . I know we all have our own way of doing things, but you're about to spend $100,000 on a car. Why are you not meeting face to face, shaking hands with and developing personal relationships with your salesmen/dealers? For what it's worth, I got a 7% discount, but it was just luck. I think that I caught the dealership on the last day of the month before they had to forfeit a slot in their allotment. I say that because I was not given the 15 days to change my order . . . it had to be finalized that day. You're going to have LOTS of questions when you get the car . . . get to know the people who you're about to give $100 large to!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer.

You're right. I obviously will meet them in person and I also need to test drive the thing. I have no clue if I can actually fit in the car, for example.

Thing is, having more proposals gives me better leverage and maybe one of the other dealerships has an allocation available sooner (local says it doesn't know at this point but they got an allocation for April 2023 when they submitted an order late September). I just don't want to fly or drive around the country for an initial exploration. Just accepting whatever my local dealership proposes doesn't seem to be the smartest thing to do. I obviously have a preference for the local dealer because... It's local but if I get a better deal and a sooner allocation elsewhere, shouldn't I take it?

Regards
Tony
 

· Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
@jeromeofdavie is right.
Dealerships are independent but Porsche has a very different approach to pricing (in a nutshell, the car is sold to the dealership at a fixed price, all discounts are given by the dealer which in turn reduces their margin). Having said that, you need to go to the dealer or at least call them.

In the current situation, I think, 5% is pretty good. Devil's in the details, as usual (delivery time etc.)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I understand. I'll scout the other dealers and check about slot availability. If any of them gives a hint about a sooner slot, I'll just fly over there.

Basically one is juggling with availability and price.

Thank you for your input.

Tony
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick update.

I checked all dealerships and price wise they're all similar. Discounts range between 1% and 6% on first contact. I'm sure they'll all match each other once I sit down with a particular one.

The biggest issue, as expected, is availability. I have a couple of dealers plain telling me they won't have any allocation for the first semester 2023 while others are pointing to May/June 2023 (unconfirmed).

I'm waiting for the local dealership to have an available car for a test drive and I'll go from there. Unless they tell me there's no chance of getting an allocation for the summer, I'll probably stick to them.

Regards
Tony
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top