Taycan Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
It will be interesting to find out if the power companies in Georgia do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It will be interesting to find out if the power companies in Georgia do that.
Most do… GA Power is Plug-In Electric Vehicle
The problem I have is that the rate for peak time is so inflated (and I mean jacked way more than regular) that the savings you would have for off-peak and super off-peak is non-existent.
For now im gonna continue to wear out EA. Only charge at home for emergency and during off-peak…its not that much of a difference.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the Taycan forum and just wanted to get a better understanding of the Home EV Charging Station. I am planning on a dual inside and outside charger. I live in Los Angeles. Can any electrician do this work? We have our home electrician we like a lot? What should I expect? Any certain hardware I need him to buy? What is the typical cost? I assume the charging cords I buy direct from Porsche. The EV Charging station outlet can be generic and not porsche?

Thank you so much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question - sold my Tesla but have the charging station setup in my garage. What do I have to do to change over to the taycan charging station at home? Is it just a different female receptacle? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Neptune Blue
5 Posts
Question - sold my Tesla but have the charging station setup in my garage. What do I have to do to change over to the taycan charging station at home? Is it just a different female receptacle? Thanks
One option is to buy a TeslaTap (or a TeslaTap Mini, which I have). Your wall charger will plug into this, and this will plug into your Taycan.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts