Taycan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What am I missing or forgotten here.
Zero degrees here and she hasn't been driven in a couple weeks.....thought I'd touch up a 40% before heading out.
I plug her in and Porsche wall unit says 'Connection Established' but then 10 sec later says 'Charging Ended'.....so nothing.
What am I forgetting?......I've actually have not used the home much since an eAmerica pump is fairly close.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Zero degrees here and she hasn't been driven in a couple weeks.....thought I'd touch up a 40% before heading out.
I plug her in and Porsche wall unit says 'Connection Established' but then 10 sec later says 'Charging Ended'.....so nothing.
What am I forgetting?......I've actually have not used the home much since an eAmerica pump is fairly close.
Thanks in advance.
Do you need to put in a password.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are you getting the message on the charger that a connection has been established?
Is the charging plug all the way seated into the car's charging socket?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you getting the message on the charger that a connection has been established?
Is the charging plug all the way seated into the car's charging socket?
Yes.
  • 'Connection Established'
  • 4 digit PW entered....accepted
  • 'Charging Ended'
I guess it's possible the charge level is already above target level.....I'll check that.
BTW......in all cases I have then been unable to remove the charge plug.....and had to resort to the "Emergency Release'.
For those who have not done this......it's a button on the end of a 10" piece if nylon string that you locate with the Passenger (or driver) door wide open......pulling on the button (and therefore what's on the other end of the string) releases the charge cable plug from the car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, yep.....my bad.
I'd set 'Home' profile at 25% so, being above that, she would not engage additional charge.....and just to make sure I understood.....she locked my charge cable in place:oops: .
So....going into Connect and change one time to 'Direct Charge' and she's go to go.
All good.....still leaning here:) .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gregg - sounds like you may have same problem I and a number of others have had. If your charger takes more than 10 seconds to begin charging, you probably need to get your unit reprogrammed. I've experienced all the stuff you mention. Here is what my dealer did, and it fixed the problem.

I was told the problem was the PLC was looking for a Porsche Home Energy Manager and couldn't find it, so it kept waking the car up every 15 minutes. Porsche's temporary fix is to just shut off the PLC, which won't do in the long term. Hopefully they will introduce a permanent fix shortly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gregg - sounds like you may have same problem I and a number of others have had. If your charger takes more than 10 seconds to begin charging, you probably need to get your unit reprogrammed. I've experienced all the stuff you mention. Here is what my dealer did, and it fixed the problem.

I was told the problem was the PLC was looking for a Porsche Home Energy Manager and couldn't find it, so it kept waking the car up every 15 minutes. Porsche's temporary fix is to just shut off the PLC, which won't do in the long term. Hopefully they will introduce a permanent fix shortly.
Good to hear.

One more thing, @GreggT: a Porsche actually never is a "she", especially not the Taycan; quite confusing;
...so my baby is a "he"?...that doesn't seem right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks in advance.
Are sure your settings haven’t changed. Are you set for 85% or are you already at that limit? Sometimes you can have two settings that cancel each other out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts