Taycan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m new to Porsche and the forum, so I apologise if I’m repeating these issues/questions.

I’ve had my 4S for three months. It’s has the usual software gremlins, but nothing too major. Then three weeks ago the car stopped charging. After three weeks in the dealership, they “think” it may be a high voltage charging unit failure, but they’re not sure as they’ve never seen this problem before. They have no idea when the replacement part may arrive.

1: has anyway had a similar problem?
2: the battery has been sitting at 2% for the past three weeks and will do until the issue is fixed. Would anyone be concerned about battery degradation, given the advice from Porsche themselves us to not leave the battery discharged for long periods!?

Thanks a lot in advance for any thoughts,

M.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
138 Posts
Hi all,

I’m new to Porsche and the forum, so I apologise if I’m repeating these issues/questions.

I’ve had my 4S for three months. It’s has the usual software gremlins, but nothing too major. Then three weeks ago the car stopped charging. After three weeks in the dealership, they “think” it may be a high voltage charging unit failure, but they’re not sure as they’ve never seen this problem before. They have no idea when the replacement part may arrive.

1: has anyway had a similar problem?
2: the battery has been sitting at 2% for the past three weeks and will do until the issue is fixed. Would anyone be concerned about battery degradation, given the advice from Porsche themselves us to not leave the battery discharged for long periods!?

Thanks a lot in advance for any thoughts,

M.
this is a shame that you are having such issues, it is common for these cars to have wonky flaws that the service people, who appear to lack proper training, is the car not taking an AC or DC charge, or both?
as for the battery sitting for long periods at a low SOC, my past experience and others who have had their cars inoperable for months at a time there doesn't seem to be long term damage from a low SOC.
my tesla sat for many months awaiting parts because the charge port was damaged in a crash.
good luck and read up on the lemon laws in place wherever you live.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kort,

Thanks for the reply!

The car is taking no charge whatever, AC or DC. It’s very puzzling apparently 🤷🏼‍♂️. Ultimately, it’s a real shame, it’s such an amazing car! But ya I have familiarised myself with the lemon laws, good advice.
That’s great to know about the batteries! They’ve given me a model s as a loaner while mine is in the dealership, lovely car 😉.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts