Taycan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Welcome to the community @Lay3r3 ! What do you drive now? (Long time Porsche guy or just getting into it?) And how did you spec your car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @St00k. First time Porsche buyer. Have looked over the years (lot of time considering a cayenne for my wife and I’ve eyed GT3’s for the last 6 years) but just didn’t fall in love enough to buy one. I drive a highly modified V10 M5 and we also have a model X from Tesla so not new to EV. I just wanted something different for a fun car on the side and needed it to be as quick as my daily driver so I ordered a Turbo Taycan.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Very cool! I've been eyeing GT3s FOREVER! One of these days... haha.

Be sure to keep us updated on your delivery process. And post some of those M5 pics when you can!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks @St00k. First time Porsche buyer. Have looked over the years (lot of time considering a cayenne for my wife and I’ve eyed GT3’s for the last 6 years) but just didn’t fall in love enough to buy one. I drive a highly modified V10 M5 and we also have a model X from Tesla so not new to EV. I just wanted something different for a fun car on the side and needed it to be as quick as my daily driver so I ordered a Turbo Taycan.
Welcome.

I hope your experience with that E60 M5 is better than other owners I know. Are you still planning to keep it even well into Taycan ownership?

Also, if you want an easy way to share your Taycan spec, this VIN decoder makes it super easy: Porsche VIN Decoder (Lookup Options, Engine, Build Sheet)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome! The Taycan is a phenomenal car, but the E60 M5 is an animal in its own right. Hard to beat the sound of that V10.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome! The Taycan is a phenomenal car, but the E60 M5 is an animal in its own right. Hard to beat the sound of that V10.
Yeah its rare any automaker comes out with that configuration. At least newer M5's won't feel like a gamble when off warranty.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, new member in the Midwest with delivery targeted for May.
Nice. My car is "scheduled" for dealer delivery on 4/24/20. But who knows with these bozo's. They have been so inconsistent with information and schedule that I'm not sure I believe it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice. My car is "scheduled" for dealer delivery on 4/24/20. But who knows with these bozo's. They have been so inconsistent with information and schedule that I'm not sure I believe it.
The coronavirus has already started impacting supply for the Taycan and that's only happening now...

·
Registered
119 Posts
The coronavirus has already started impacting supply for the Taycan and that's only happening now...
Now Porsche is using the corona virus as an excuse for lack of deliveries ?? That’s pretty funny. I guess whatever is convenient at the moment to place the blame on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now Porsche is using the corona virus as an excuse for lack of deliveries ?? That’s pretty funny. I guess whatever is convenient at the moment to place the blame on.
I'm involved in a lot of components and stuff for my business - I can tell you that it really is happening. On some some stuff we routinely order the leadtimes have gone from 1-2 weeks to 36 weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts