Taycan Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I downloaded the Charging NA app on my Android and tried to use it, but the button to start charging was grayed out. Me and the Porsche salesman (thanks, Bob) jacked around with it for quite a while, standing at an Electrify America charging station. Even had EA help and Porsche help on a 3-way call. Finally, I noticed that if you scroll down the list of Charging NA options on the left, way down at the bottom, there is a "LOG ON" option. Press this, enter your my.porsche login, and suddenly everything works.

This is another example of terrible programming, IMO. If the user has to log in to make a program work, then the prompt should be the first thing they see. /RANT

·
Registered
160 Posts
I downloaded the Charging NA app on my Android and tried to use it, but the button to start charging was grayed out. Me and the Porsche salesman (thanks, Bob) jacked around with it for quite a while, standing at an Electrify America charging station. Even had EA help and Porsche help on a 3-way call. Finally, I noticed that if you scroll down the list of Charging NA options on the left, way down at the bottom, there is a "LOG ON" option. Press this, enter your my.porsche login, and suddenly everything works.

This is another example of terrible programming, IMO. If the user has to log in to make a program work, then the prompt should be the first thing they see. /RANT
yea .. too bad all this just wasn't translated directly into Porsche Connect App from the beginning.. looking at 8 apps to support 1 car ( Taycan ) on my end atm

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Bushmg:

Thanks for the help. I was already logged in to Charging NA but mine didn't work - at least the one time I have tried it so far. Maybe it will work next time.

I am confused as others on this Forum indicated that you need to use the Porsche Connect App to use the EA Chargers?

·
Registered
'17 Model S, '10 911 Turbo, 2020 Taycan 4S ordered
7 Posts
Bushmg:

Thanks for the help. I was already logged in to Charging NA but mine didn't work - at least the one time I have tried it so far. Maybe it will work next time.

I am confused as others on this Forum indicated that you need to use the Porsche Connect App to use the EA Chargers?
I have tried 2 EA chargers in Denver today - one 350kW, one 150kW. I had logged into Charging NA with my Porsche ID, but in the "My Vehicles" menu I didn't have that set up (I do now). My Subscription is through 2021, so hopefully the next time I try to charge. We'll see. I've looked at the Porsche Connect app, but it doesn't seem to have the functionality, but I didn't goof around with it while I was standing at a charger.

I will say, based on owning a Model S for 2-1/2 years that Tesla certainly has the lead in software, Porsche definitely has a lead in building an automobile that makes me smile.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have tried 2 EA chargers in Denver today - one 350kW, one 150kW. I had logged into Charging NA with my Porsche ID, but in the "My Vehicles" menu I didn't have that set up (I do now). My Subscription is through 2021, so hopefully the next time I try to charge. We'll see. I've looked at the Porsche Connect app, but it doesn't seem to have the functionality, but I didn't goof around with it while I was standing at a charger.

I will say, based on owning a Model S for 2-1/2 years that Tesla certainly has the lead in software, Porsche definitely has a lead in building an automobile that makes me smile.
when did you get your Taycan? your subscription for free charging is 3yrs .. you should be good until at least 2022/23

·
Registered
7 Posts
when did you get your Taycan? your subscription for free charging is 3yrs .. you should be good until at least 2022/23
Yes, it’s 3 years, but the app shows only 1 year at a time, so it will renew automatically. Just meant that it was showing a valid subscription when I tried to charge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried again today to connect, but after failing (again), I notice that under "My vehicles", the Taycan 4S settings had capacity set to 71kWh, and I've been trying to test with the current charge at 85-90%, so assuming that is the latest issue. (Already went and registered at Porsche and entered a credit card, logged into the app, and added the car to "My vehicles". Guess I will try again to test the app in a day or two. No error codes or descriptions. At this point nervous to drive around and need a charge outside of my house (but note that I have charged the vehicle via the EA app, but I was paying for it).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts