Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.....wanting to share my story of Taycan misery and wondering if i was alone with this? Picked up my new Taycan 4S mid august, 4 days later PCM centre console dies, other consoles also die and left with no Sat Nav and media etc. Thankfully i still have a speedo. Door pillar rattles, seat rattles !!!!!! i take it in my stride , i know Porsche head office will do their best!!! MMMMMM Maybe not. The dealership and esepcially Hannah in Wolverhampton have been great, but Porsche head office, not so, they expected me to wait till September 18th to get it back, its a brand new Taycan for crying out loud !!!!!!! Been told today need s anew PCM set up and Porsche havent let the dealer know when i can expect to see it, i chose Porsche for design, speed and quality........i took service standards being high for granted i guess. Anyone else having issues? Porsche, this isn't good enough !!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, man I really hate to hear this!! It’s totally not ok when buying a car this expensive. At the very least they should give you a Porsche loaner for the duration. first year production runs are risky, but these problems are more than little glitches to work out and they should be stepping up for you.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Taycan
4 Posts
So far ours (Turbo S) has been wonderful. No glitches that we can discern. It took a few days for Porsche to add our car to our account, but since then our apps work and everything is great. We do have a fault on the lane change assist which should be fixed when we pick it up later this week (took it back after a long weekend with it to have the windows tinted and Cilajet applied).

·
Registered
137 Posts
hi all.....wanting to share my story of Taycan misery and wondering if i was alone with this? Picked up my new Taycan 4S mid august, 4 days later PCM centre console dies, other consoles also die and left with no Sat Nav and media etc. Thankfully i still have a speedo. Door pillar rattles, seat rattles !!!!!! i take it in my stride , i know Porsche head office will do their best!!! MMMMMM Maybe not. The dealership and esepcially Hannah in Wolverhampton have been great, but Porsche head office, not so, they expected me to wait till September 18th to get it back, its a brand new Taycan for crying out loud !!!!!!! Been told today need s anew PCM set up and Porsche havent let the dealer know when i can expect to see it, i chose Porsche for design, speed and quality........i took service standards being high for granted i guess. Anyone else having issues? Porsche, this isn't good enough !!!
PCM on my car goes out every now and again. It also gets a little wonky with the Apple Carplay. Car lost all it's freon and AC didn't work. They took it apart and found that an O-ring was crimped or installed wrong and they replaced it. So far AC is fine after that repair.

Mileage is continually slipping. I was seeing as much as 210 miles at 85% charge a month or so ago. Temps were about 80 degrees. Last few weeks it was very hot, 95 or so. Mileage dropped down to about 196-198 miles at 85% charge. Today the mileage is about 186 miles at 85% charge. Temps are 58-62 degrees.

Can't wait to see what kind of mileage it gets when temps are in the 20's or less.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had nothing but problems with the PCM and now passenger monitor out. Three dealers and 5 visits later no better. Porsche customer service HORRIBLE. No one cares.

·
Registered
12 Posts
These cases are being escalated up the Porsche chain, I hope? I know my dealership bends over backwards to make sure I’m satisfied and if yours aren’t Porsche higher ups need to know. People buying these expensive cars will go elsewhere quickly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had nothing but problems with the PCM and now passenger monitor out. Three dealers and 5 visits later no better. Porsche customer service HORRIBLE. No one cares.
In my case I wouldn't say no one cars but I am at a Premier dealer and they bend over backwards all day long for their customers. That said, they are still trying to figure out the cars. I have found Porsche customer service to be the best in the business, not even close to anyone else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts