Taycan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi @Steve and welcome to the forum!
How would you compare this to your last 911?
The last 911 was also the 4S (convertible) model. The Taycan is more comfortable, quieter, faster (initial & mid-range), but of course heavier and you can feel that. I'm looking forward to battery technology improving the kWh/kg sufficiently to get the 911 onto an electric platform, that'll be some car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome @Steve

What options did you get with your 4S? Add your Carrara White pictures here: Official CARRARA WHITE METALLIC Porsche Taycan Thread
Thanks!
I got the Plus battery, LED PDLS lights, lane change assist, ACC, Pano roof, leather, Bose, the electric charge cover and sound as conversation pieces ;) and some other smaller ones. I didn't bother with the technical ones like torque vectoring as I think the electric motors / low weight can mirror much of the effect, or the carbon brakes as most braking us thru the motor. I won't be using it on the track.

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
The last 911 was also the 4S (convertible) model. The Taycan is more comfortable, quieter, faster (initial & mid-range), but of course heavier and you can feel that. I'm looking forward to battery technology improving the kWh/kg sufficiently to get the 911 onto an electric platform, that'll be some car.
Porsche keeps saying they aren't planning to electrify the 911 any time soon, but eventually they will have to. Even a PHEV would be great short term.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree. I think the 911 992.2 range is likely to include a PHEV and possibly the next version of the 911 electric, or maybe the version after that, it depends on the progress of battery technology and customer acceptance of BEVs generally. Whilst the SUVs are now the bread and butter profit earners for Porsche, and given their weight not too difficult to make electric, the 911 GT2, GT3, and specials, are enormous margin winners for Porsche and they have to be careful to protect that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Porsche keeps saying they aren't planning to electrify the 911 any time soon, but eventually they will have to. Even a PHEV would be great short term.
Porsche will electrify everything else before turning the 911 fully electric. With that being said a 911 hybrid is very likely to happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its metallic white, picks up the light more, as metallics do. Just personal taste, I like the black too but here its to most common colour for cars including about 40% of Porsches sold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts