Taycan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have finally taken delivery of my Carmine Red Taycan 4S - 2021 model year "M" car... it is brilliant! I am totally blown away, and that is not from a combustion vs EV perspective only, that is also how I feel about what Porsche has achieved with their EV development. I was really very lucky to take every current Tesla around the race track late last year, in a series of EV comparison trials with Pininfarina - with a pre-series Battista car experience. I even jumped in the GT series Tesla S race car... but the Taycan is a really special place to be behind the wheel. I really love it!

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome @bossafunk. Congrats on your Carmine Red 4S!
Its great to know that after all that experience with Tesla's, the Taycan was what you picked. Were you always set on the 4S, or considered the other trims at some point?
Hi Axiom, I didn't really consider the Turbo, mostly due to price point, but now that I am int he 4S, given how I use it, it seemed like the Taycan 4S was plenty fast enough for my daily driver. In terms of spec I went for the turbo rims, carmine, Bose, onboard rapid charging.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum @bossafunk . Not a bad photo there!

How did that Pininfarina experience come about?
I market the luxury motor yachts that we make here in the South West of England, and we are brand design partners with Pininfarina. My company also started a collaboration with Pininfarina Automobili a few years ago, and so we have worked very closely - enough to give me the pre-production cars for private viewing a few years ago before it was unveiled in Geneva. It's an epic EV the Battista... 1900hp / 2300nm torque - it is faster than an F1 car in acceleration, really ridiculous! On one private experience at the Calafat circuit in Tarragona (Spain) we had all of these cars on track: Telsa S GT Racing Series, Formula E Mahindra, Tesla X, Tesla 3, Tesla S.

I am posting these images, but apologies to the moderator as these images are not Taycans - but other EVs! (so if this breaks any forum rules, apologies and please just delete the images!)

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum @bossafunk! How do you find the Taycan compares to a Model S on the track?
Pocket Rocket, I am yet to track the Taycan, sadly, I couldn't do the track comparison as no taycan was available - but I can tell you on the road how it compares. The Tesla S is quicker, feels quicker, but also feels bulgy and the weight feels higher up in the chassis. The pivotal centre of the Tesla feels further back - that is probably a mix of wheelbase and overall weight, but in the Taycan, that pivotal centre feels in line with your elbows, and the weight feels much lower in the Taycan, so you only feel it when you stomp on the brakes excessively hard. Through twists and turns, the Taycan makes the Tesla feel very American muscle car - impressive in a straight line, but bulbous and heavy through tight turns. Oddly, I also feel that way pushing a colleague's Tesla 3 on a badly banked stretch of road near me. I do that same stretch in the Taycan and I don't get that really light-to-heavy weight transfer feeling when twisting over that banking, so I put that down to the weight of the batteries being so much lower to the ground. But now I want to track the Taycan!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Pocket Rocket, I am yet to track the Taycan, sadly, I couldn't do the track comparison as no taycan was available - but I can tell you on the road how it compares. The Tesla S is quicker, feels quicker, but also feels bulgy and the weight feels higher up in the chassis. The pivotal centre of the Tesla feels further back - that is probably a mix of wheelbase and overall weight, but in the Taycan, that pivotal centre feels in line with your elbows, and the weight feels much lower in the Taycan, so you only feel it when you stomp on the brakes excessively hard. Through twists and turns, the Taycan makes the Tesla feel very American muscle car - impressive in a straight line, but bulbous and heavy through tight turns. Oddly, I also feel that way pushing a colleague's Tesla 3 on a badly banked stretch of road near me. I do that same stretch in the Taycan and I don't get that really light-to-heavy weight transfer feeling when twisting over that banking, so I put that down to the weight of the batteries being so much lower to the ground. But now I want to track the Taycan!
That's a good way of putting it, from everything I've seen and read the Model S does seem a lot like a 4-door muscle car. Whereas the Taycan is meant to go around a track and also happens to be blisteringly fast in a straight line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.