Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I was a bit anxious about taking this first step being new to Porsche but now that I’ve done even more research, I’m even more excited to get my Taycan.

I will have some questions for those ahead in the learning process on things like our charger options.

Haven't met other future Taycan owners from my region of British Columbia, Canada but hope to soon!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome to the forum @NeatSmith! When it comes to chargers do you mean charging network or actual chargers? From my understanding the Taycan will be able to use the Electrify Canada network.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Has your dealer said anything about home charging options? They're supposed to offer induction charging eventually but I haven't heard about that in a long time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome @NeatSmith, I suggest you start out with this taycan charging options thread:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks for the welcome @TEV31. I'm in the Vancouver area. No Taycans spotted on the road yet, but I'm aware of at least a few being delivered from Porsche Centre Vancouver already. Mine should be here August or September!
Do you know what the allocation was like at your dealer and others in the region?

Being Vancouver, I'm expecting a lot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you know what the allocation was like at your dealer and others in the region?

Being Vancouver, I'm expecting a lot.
I think I recall hearing that Porsche Centre Vancouver had about 50 allocations in 2020 (don't quote me!), but that was pre-COVID. so I'm sure their number is down by ~20% since the factory was shut down for a while in April/May.

The other large dealer in the region is Porsche Centre Langley; I suspect they also would be similar in volume.

Even though I had a deposit down since 2017, and I have a good relationship with my salesperson, I still feel quite lucky to be able to take delivery in 2020!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think I recall hearing that Porsche Centre Vancouver had about 50 allocations in 2020 (don't quote me!), but that was pre-COVID. so I'm sure their number is down by ~20% since the factory was shut down for a while in April/May.

The other large dealer in the region is Porsche Centre Langley; I suspect they also would be similar in volume.

Even though I had a deposit down since 2017, and I have a good relationship with my salesperson, I still feel quite lucky to be able to take delivery in 2020!
Thanks, 50 seems to be a common allocation number.

Your August-September Taycan delivery during COVID should be interesting. Did they inform you about measures that will be taken or what already is for people taking delivery? Also, are you planning to do anything extra during/after delivery to make sure you are safe?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks, 50 seems to be a common allocation number.

Your August-September Taycan delivery during COVID should be interesting. Did they inform you about measures that will be taken or what already is for people taking delivery? Also, are you planning to do anything extra during/after delivery to make sure you are safe?
I believe they will offer a contact-less transaction, and orientation. I'm sure they would delivery the vehicle to my house, if requested. Not sure about COVID pre-screening or anything else, but I'm sure they're already screening their employees per WorkSafe BC recommendations. I always wear a mask in indoor public space anyways.

Will I "disinfect" the vehicle after getting it? Probably not, just keep my hands clean. The virus does not live for long on soft surfaces (leather, plastic, etc), so there shouldn't be any active virus in the car after a couple days, even if the PDI guys left some virus droplets behind!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts