Taycan Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Jeff,
I currently have one to be delivered in May. I am setting up my garage and I need to tell my electrician what to put in. Can you tell me what plug and Amp...the specs please.
Thank you.
Ken
100 Amp if possible. Also, I encourage you to talk with your Porsche sales rep as they may better understand your situation.

·
Registered
142 Posts
100 Amp if possible. Also, I encourage you to talk with your Porsche sales rep as they may better understand your situation.
Jeff:

I am curious why do you say 100 amp? First this is not normal in residential circuits, second unless I am missing something the Taycan can not charge faster than 9KWHr or am I wrong? 50 amp covers that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Epirali, I would advise you and everyone on this thread to talk to your electrician on this one. I understand 100 Amp is achieved if hardwired to panel vs. using a 240V socket. Again -- I am not an electrician and would hate to be responsible for a local electrical code violation :) Speak to your dealer about Mobile Charger Connect and current/future kW charge capabilities.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Epirali, I would advise you and everyone on this thread to talk to your electrician on this one. I understand 100 Amp is achieved if hardwired to panel vs. using a 240V socket. Again -- I am not an electrician and would hate to be responsible for a local electrical code violation :) Speak to your dealer about Mobile Charger Connect and current/future kW charge capabilities.
Thanks Jeff, I was asking in terms of the Taycan. From electrical code it is recommended and required to run 50amp for 40amp charging, which what the Taycan is capable of. So anything more than that is overkill. That was my only point and question. Obviously if 100amp is possible it wouldn't be an issue, but usually the receptacle has to match the current rating of the wiring. And the Porsche mobile charger is definitely NEMA 14-50R, which is rated for 50 amp.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts