Taycan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heater broke last year and I had it replaced along with some valves. Stopped working again today. Am I just unlucky or is anyone else having this many problems. That’s about the sixth or seventh time I’ve had it in for either a warranty repair or update. I love the car, when it’s working.

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm tracking these issues at Heater failure · Issue #1 · evstatus/PorscheTaycan. There's ~80 confirmed cases of this that I've been able to find on the forums so far, with many folks reporting dealers having half a dozen or more similar cases actively being worked on. If you haven't already, consider filing a complaint to NHTSA because this is a potential safety problem in cold weather climates.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm tracking these issues at Heater failure · Issue #1 · evstatus/PorscheTaycan. There's ~80 confirmed cases of this that I've been able to find on the forums so far, with many folks reporting dealers having half a dozen or more similar cases actively being worked on. If you haven't already, consider filing a complaint to NHTSA because this is a potential safety problem in cold weather climates.
My Taycan is in Porsche M50 Dublin for a replacement Heater. The car was collected by tow truck two hours after I called the garage and a replacement rental was delivered to my house one hour later. I am quite happy with this service BUT i am hoping this will be the end of the problem. I do not want this to be an issue when warranty/guarantee runs out. This issue has come about with 10,000kl on car and most of the driving was in summer conditions.
Regards, Barry

· Registered
2 Posts
Add me to the 80 or do with heater failure. My 2021 Taycan heater failure i reported to Porsche Connect with no help ! My dealer can’t fit me in for 6 weeks. I love this car except…my patience is running out.

· Registered
1 Posts
Another one, I have a 2021 Turbo S with no heating, called local dealer & was referred to Porsche Assist as there are so many heating failures & the local dealer couldn't book me in. Rang Porsche Assist & offered a loan vehicle & a date in 2 weeks time when the car may go in the dealer. Looks like this is a big problem & once Porsche are aware that will advise you not to drive it as you may not be able to demist the windscreen :-( Great car but has been off the road 3-4x in the 2 years of ownership.

· Registered
1 Posts
Add me to the list. RWD ‘21. 14k miles. No heat. Told parts on back order. Will send back if it becomes too much of a safety issue. Will lemon since i bought CPO if they can’t fix. Additionally the service tech let me know they had another person with same issue waiting for parts from Germany

· Registered
2 Posts
mine and my business partners heaters both broke on ours

· Registered
1 Posts
My heater broke last year and I had it replaced along with some valves. Stopped working again today. Am I just unlucky or is anyone else having this many problems. That’s about the sixth or seventh time I’ve had it in for either a warranty repair or update. I love the car, when it’s working.
Another one in UK. My AC failed in Summer and now heater failed in winter.
3 week wait for assist to recover and provide a car. What with all media issues also I suspect have had car off road for 5 weeks in my 2 year ownership

· Registered
7 Posts
The heater in my 2020 Taycan Turbo has failed for the second time. It failed in December 2021 and was replaced with a new unit. Now the new heater has failed. What is the deal with Porsche? Do they only make junk now? I hope that I don’t have to go through this every winter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts