Taycan Forum banner

head's up display

9K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  andix 
#1 ·
Hi, I did not order head's up display with my 2020 Taycan Turbo. I'm wondering whether it can be added or is it something that must be included at the manufacturing build. It is the only option I wish I had ordered ;(

Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm not sure you will miss it IMO - The drivers display is so good and customizable (including navigation etc) Its one of the things I really like about my Taycan.

I very much doubt it could be retrofitted BTW, on my BMW i8 it was basically a projector display built into the top of the dash that would be really difficult and costly to add later.

#3 ·
Hi, I did not order head's up display with my 2020 Taycan Turbo. I'm wondering whether it can be added or is it something that must be included at the manufacturing build. It is the only option I wish I had ordered ;(

Thanks!
if it is any consolation the HUD add little to the driving experience. for me a HUD would not be a good choice because during the day I always wear polarized sun glasses and those glasses make reading a HUD impossible.

#4 ·
I like mine and am glad I got it, but it really is completely redundant because everything it shows is also available on the driver’s display. Of course the answer to your question is best asked of your dealership, but I have doubts because of the way it is built into the top of the dashboard.

#16 ·
David -now you have had HUD for a bit, thoughts? A must have, can't miss? Or still an optional nice to have? I am debating it. I have HUD in my car now and while I use it from time to time, I don't think I'd miss it. But I also don't want to miss out. To be completely honest, I kinda prefer the look of the dash without the "hood" of the HUD. Thanks in advance for your opinion

#6 ·
Anytime you want to add something after the fact with Porsche's it get very expensive.

#10 ·
You can move it up and down a bit, down too far and the bottom gets clipped. I figured it out from reading the printed manual in the instrument cluster pages: use far right button on steering wheel to move yellow indicator between ‘tubes’ until HUD is selected; roll cylinder next to button, push to select.

For some things you push first and then roll and then push again to select, for example map options if map is in center of instrument cluster (damn thing randomly turns my North Up for map off, and I do not like the spinning map if car direction is up) requires the first push because just rolling switches between what that area shows.

There are also options for what the HUD shows, one or two tubes of info and what is in each and a third thin area at the bottom.

#17 ·
I still use the HUD more than the dashboard. There are several choices of what is shows; I like to have my speed, the posted limit, and an indication of power used / power of regeneration. I have not seen a way to show the power used/regen on the dash, but I doubt it would be as easy to follow if down there.

Not what I would call “must have” but I use it all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.