Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We test drove the base Taycan today. It was an extremely harsh ride. My wife even asked if it has shock absorbers! I have had over a dozen different Porsches over the years and still have a 993 and a Boxster, so I know how they ride. We recently sold our Panamera GTS in order to go electric with the Taycan. I test drove Taycan Tubo S last year and I don’t recall a problem with the ride quality. Our test ride was with the suspension set for “comfort”.
What’s up? Any thoughts? Our sale rep at Porsche said that’s how they drive.
__

·
Registered
138 Posts
The base car has steel springs. Drive one with air suspension and all will be well. Smooth as silk.

Reactions: St00k

·
Super Moderator
800 Posts
The base car has steel springs. Drive one with air suspension and all will be well. Smooth as silk.
That's probably why the Turbo you drove before had no issues.

I believe the low profile tires combined with the extra stiff sidewalls to handle all that weight makes for a very firm ride, so you really need that air suspension to make the package perform optimally.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Never drove base, but various models with air suspension–which I think is fabulous!
You can option air suspension on the base Taycan, too…

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Taycan
20 Posts
We have a 2020 Turbo S and recently had it in the shop for the big software update. We were given a 4S as a loaner. Night and day difference. The 4S felt hard in both the ride and the seats. This 4S had no extras at all but still had a sticker of $113,000. I couldn't wait to get our Turbo S back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts