Taycan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Taycan 4S | Performance Battery Plus
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just wanted to stop by and say hi, I just got my Taycan few weeks ago and finally had time to register for an account (been lurking on here since I got the car) taycan is my fifth Porsche, and I can honestly say it’s the best Porsche I’ve ever owned. My car has the 12 volt battery issue, ( which it didn’t until they activated Porsche connect services ) it dies if left plugged in overnight and no the dealer failed to fix it (Porsche Orlando) at this point I’m just waiting for the major update to get it all sorted it out which is a few weeks away apparently. Here’s a pic;
43B8436D-617F-4100-8E9A-4AAB8CA4871F.jpeg

Tony

·
Registered
21 Posts
Picked mine up Thursday from Orlando Porsche and finally activated the whole shebang today. Did your 12V issue give you any warning?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum @Agent47! Which model did you go with? 4S, Turbo, or Turbo S? Are you waiting to hear from your dealer or directly from Porsche?
hello it’s a 4S withthe performance plus battery or whatever it’s called, car is back at the dealer as of last Friday to get its new update! It’ll be done by this afternoon but I’ll pick it up tomorrow , it’s at Porsche of Orlando , south Orlando dealer is horrible sadly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey @Agent47, what other Porsches did you own?
Considered other vehicles before getting the Taycan?
my first one was a 03 boxster S , navy on navy , with no traction control or ESP (factory option)
second one was a 02 Carrera 4S
third one was 01 turbo S
fourth one was a 14 carrera S cab
fifth one was a 18 cayenne platinum
sixth one is the taycan 4S with the plus battery

I’ve owned 57 cars besides those I just counted, from exotics to classics, such as Ferrari 360, or the first gen Viper RT/10, love cars in general.

considered other vehicles, but after driving the taycan I was sold right away!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked mine up Thursday from Orlando Porsche and finally activated the whole shebang today. Did your 12V issue give you any warning?
No warnings, happens overnight sadly , but it’s fixed now , getting the new update as I post this

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chad at Orlando Porsche been very helpful , let me know if you go to cars n coffee n I’ll tag along

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am waiting mine from Porsche Orlando at Maitland.
What model and options did you get?
It’s the 4S with performance plus battery, full leather , fast charging , and surface coated brakes, it’s not fully loaded but msrp was 140ish so has some bells n whistles , everything I need , nothing I don’t

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How many miles were you able to drive before the battery issue started?
Honestly my battery issue started after registering for Porsche ID, before that 0 issues , it was strange

·
Registered
21 Posts
Chad at Orlando Porsche been very helpful , let me know if you go to cars n coffee n I’ll tag along
I found out yesterday that Vodafone and their superb software updated my Cayman account instead of the Taycan. Chad or Tom is aware of it. I hope they can initialize it with the code Vodafone sent me without me being there.
I’m not a member of the local chapter but they usually send a new invite after you buy a Porsche. I’m still fooling around with all the selections which are nested within the 3,000 sub menus. 😊

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found out yesterday that Vodafone and their superb software updated my Cayman account instead of the Taycan. Chad or Tom is aware of it. I hope they can initialize it with the code Vodafone sent me without me being there.
I’m not a member of the local chapter but they usually send a new invite after you buy a Porsche. I’m still fooling around with all the selections which are nested within the 3,000 sub menus. 😊
Unfortunately I don’t think those updates are the same, this update is NOT over the air, and Taycan doesn’t use the connect services that’s provided by Vodafone for the updates etc, that update was for your cayman looks like, this update can only be done by the Porsche dealer itself as one, the file size is too big, and two the Porsche computer has to calibrate certain components, such as the gearbox!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Unfortunately I don’t think those updates are the same, this update is NOT over the air, and Taycan doesn’t use the connect services that’s provided by Vodafone for the updates etc, that update was for your cayman looks like, this update can only be done by the Porsche dealer itself as one, the file size is too big, and two the Porsche computer has to calibrate certain components, such as the gearbox!
Have you been able to pick up your Taycan yet @Agent47?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you been able to pick up your Taycan yet @Agent47?
Yes , car is picked up, everything is awesome, definitely noticeable performance increase, and suspension and gearbox tuned as well, they made a perfect car even better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts