Taycan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being 70 y/o and driving the 718 has been a rejuvenating and wild experience; I will miss my baby. So approaching the pearly or blazing gates of wherever, (most likely ****) I felt it may be best for a geriatric like myself to throw more money away and arrive in a stylish land based techno rocket. Seriously though, the 718 is remarkable but at my age the go-cart suspension is a little rough, and is apparently annoying to unsupported female mammary glands according to my also 70 y/o wife of 52 years. The Taycan eliminates that.
I drove one today and it is unbelievable. I fell in love with it before we even hit any curves. To me it handles better than the 718. The Taycan I purchased today is black with a beige interior, 20" wheels and the premium package, and had been previously ordered by the dealer and due to arriveThe "cheap" model (mine) has the same basic specs as the more expensive models.

Even if you don't plan on purchasing one, go to a dealer and just drive one to feel it!

Y'all have a great day! from Sanford, FL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Being 70 y/o and driving the 718 has been a rejuvenating and wild experience; I will miss my baby. So approaching the pearly or blazing gates of wherever, (most likely ****) I felt it may be best for a geriatric like myself to throw more money away and arrive in a stylish land based techno rocket. Seriously though, the 718 is remarkable but at my age the go-cart suspension is a little rough, and is apparently annoying to unsupported female mammary glands according to my also 70 y/o wife of 52 years. The Taycan eliminates that.
I drove one today and it is unbelievable. I fell in love with it before we even hit any curves. To me it handles better than the 718. The Taycan I purchased today is black with a beige interior, 20" wheels and the premium package, and had been previously ordered by the dealer and due to arriveThe "cheap" model (mine) has the same basic specs as the more expensive models.

Even if you don't plan on purchasing one, go to a dealer and just drive one to feel it!

From one geezer to another....You will love it, for sure...I have had a Mamba Green 4S since September, and continue to be amazed.
There are things that you did not expect to notice, like how clean it is...no exhaust, hot oil smells, gas fumes. The acceleration is effortless, instant....no thrashing to get up to speed.
However, I still look forward to getting out my 911S in the Spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From one geezer to another....You will love it, for sure...I have had a Mamba Green 4S since September, and continue to be amazed.
There are things that you did not expect to notice, like how clean it is...no exhaust, hot oil smells, gas fumes. The acceleration is effortless, instant....no thrashing to get up to speed.
However, I still look forward to getting out my 911S in the Spring.
I'm too old to rob liquor stores or else I'd keep the 718. 😈

·
Registered
8 Posts

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi. ...(I am also born in 1951 and my wife has the same complaint....as I do but I won't admit it to her). I also drove a Taycan last week here in South Florida. Right now I'm driving a 2018 Porsche 911. My ask is this: when you negotiated for your Taycan did your dealer have any discounts for you? I read online in TrueCar that some Taycan buyers are getting dealers to discount the car. Did you find that true? Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts

Welcome to the forum @Bill H! Were you considering any other cars or were you set on the Taycan?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi. ...(I am also born in 1951 and my wife has the same complaint....as I do but I won't admit it to her). I also drove a Taycan last week here in South Florida. Right now I'm driving a 2018 Porsche 911. My ask is this: when you negotiated for your Taycan did your dealer have any discounts for you? I read online in TrueCar that some Taycan buyers are getting dealers to discount the car. Did you find that true? Thanks
Welcome @Golden Bear! I've heard similar things of people getting discounts but it seems to vary depending on which dealer they go to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I gave up trying to beat car dealers at their own game 45 years ago. But, yes I received a discount, if you can call it that, of about $2.9k. That was inclusive of eliminating "dent protection" and some other $500 fee they try and squeeze in incognito. They don't know it but I would have paid what deal they presented the first time because Taycans (base model w/premium pkg under $100k) are scarce as hens teeth here in the Orlando area. The list on mine was $93k and change. Should be here in March. Preordered by dealer not me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum @Bill H! Were you considering any other cars or were you set on the Taycan?
I have followed EV's since I was gobstruck and smitten when Tesla first appeared. Looked at the Tesla S three or four times and drove one once. Nothing else compared to them for years and I almost bought a Model S but just wasn't sure it was for us. I think I was subliminally trying to convince myself the interior did not resemble and have the craftsmanship of a Yugo "deluxe" model. Plus the conjoining body parts was not near as precise as Porsche. The Taycan lives up to Porsche interior standards albeit some are plastic. Bang for my buck the Taycan wins easily. Plus I really have zero necessity to be at 60 mph in 2 seconds, 5 is fine. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a 2020 Taycan 4S 3 weeks ago. I traded a 2016 Tesla 4S. I love the drive of the Porsche but the Tesla was definitely more user friendly. Easier to use charging pedestal and the app was flawless. I only recently got the connectivity of my car fixed so looking forward to many comfortable drives! BTW- I am of the fairer sex so tell your wife she will love the Taycan! My husband had a 911 and now has an Acura NSX- I prefer the Taycan ride hands down!

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Taycan
16 Posts

We kept our 2018 718 Boxster S as well as the Taycan Turbo S. Next will most likely be the electric Macan when it comes out! I can totally relate to the rough suspension on the Boxster, though. And climbing out of that little car gets harder and harder!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts