Taycan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with a glass roof have trouble keeping the car cool in the heat? I'm in Texas and a broiling hot interior would be a dealbreaker for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone with a glass roof have trouble keeping the car cool in the heat? I'm in Texas and a broiling hot interior would be a dealbreaker for me.
I'm in Dallas, mostly works great. When I have set in the car for a longer time without moving, 10-15 min. the AC seems to turn off or down for a minute or two. You will notice it getting warmer, then the AC reactivates and works. I brought this up to the tech guy from Porsche Atlanta. I did not get a good answer. I have had my car for two months and it has not happened often and does not bother me. This really only happened when I was setting the screens up in the car and sat still for a long time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought a sun shield for the roof. I'll let you know in a few weeks when my car arrives.

·
Registered
55 Posts
any feedback on this?
I live in Upstate NY, and do not really have a problem with the Taycan A/C. However, the glass roof does get hot when left in the sun....very hot to the touch. On sunny days, I actually wear a hat to shield my head from the heat radiating off the glass roof. I had assumed that the glass solar rejection treatment would have been more effective in limiting insolation. I wish Porsche had offered a shade, similar to what is in my Cayenne glass roof.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeh. I've ordered a Taycan Cross Tourism and the initial word for US customers was no glass roof. So I was pumped as I hate getting in cars with glass roofs, it just gets hot. Well they just announced all glass roofs for the US TCTs. So I'm actually thinking about using vinyl to black it out. we'll see. I do wish there was screen which can move on and off.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
794 Posts
While the glass roof looks nice I'm kinda glad I do not have it on my 2021 4S. It gets awfully hot in Atlanta in the summer months.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
794 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
794 Posts
Gotch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts