Taycan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first time Porsche owner here. 2020 Taycan 4S, black on black, Turbo Aero wheels. Picked it up used from Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad, CA - previous owner was one of the sales managers. No mods, most options, love how it drives, insane on sharp turns. Have L2 charger at home, so every 3-4 days overnight charge gets me to 85% (limited by timer by design) and 230 miles to drive. Full charge I've seen as high as 275 mi. Real-life miles driven around 220 on an 85% charge. Still pretty good.

I am an accountant (CPA) and a private pilot.

Aviatorcpa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone, first time Porsche owner here. 2020 Taycan 4S, black on black, Turbo Aero wheels. Picked it up used from Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad, CA - previous owner was one of the sales managers. No mods, most options, love how it drives, insane on sharp turns. Have L2 charger at home, so every 3-4 days overnight charge gets me to 85% (limited by timer by design) and 230 miles to drive. Full charge I've seen as high as 275 mi. Real-life miles driven around 220 on an 85% charge. Still pretty good.

I am an accountant (CPA) and a private pilot.

Aviatorcpa.
Welcome to the forum. I also have a 2020 4S, now with 30,000 miles. LOVE it, even with the typical software recalls.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't fully trust the software either, but I can live with it. Also, my range guess-o-meter has been improving as the weather warms. Up to 312 miles now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: had the latest PCM update installed and WOW! Much faster boot up time, color icons, boosted mileage range at 85% to about 240 (up from 227). Also, as a result of the electric motor management changes, the front motors are working less during normal driving (which preserves battery SOC), and as a result it's also quieter. The whining noise of the motors is noticeably quieter. Got my built-in Spotify set up and love the car even more! Lost the option on the left instrument cluster to see which motor is working (F or R) - not sure why that option was eliminated. Regen options now stays as selected after switching drive modes! Nice!

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts