Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I was chatting with some of the folks at Pfaff Porsche at the Canadian International Auto Show today. They had some info about when Taycans will hit Canadian dealers. Some of you may already know this.

Apparently the first shipment of Taycans is already in the country and after landing in Halifax are now in transit to dealers. These are the first units dealers will get for demo purposes. They are not customer cars.

Dealers will be hosting private events on Feb 27th. Apparently the dealers will get cars any day now but they aren't allowed to display them until Feb 27th. This makes sure all dealers get a fair treatment.

Pfaff will be getting two demo cars.

They expect that if they roll out the Taycan right, they'll sell 200 in the first model year!!!

ALSO, I had a chat with Porsche about possibly getting Porsche Cars Canada President Marc Ouayoun to personally answer questions on the forum. If you're a Canadian Taycan owner or interested, let me know and we can look into setting this up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
200 Taycan's in one year from one dealer in Canada is beyond what I expected. Can't wait to see how many Taycans sold throughout Canada for 2020

·
Registered
14 Posts
Canadian buyer here and got the invite to Porsche Centre Downtown Toronto launch event on the 27th. I would definitely be interested in hearing from Marc. I almost went with Pfaff but the other dealer was a little more convenient since I live right downtown.

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Canadian buyer here and got the invite to Porsche Centre Downtown Toronto launch event on the 27th. I would definitely be interested in hearing from Marc. I almost went with Pfaff but the other dealer was a little more convenient since I live right downtown.
Awesome. I'm hoping to get a few more Canadians confirmed before we move to set this up. Once it's official, I'm sure all the questions will come in then. ha.

Thanks @struther I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If they aren't coming in a private road transport truck, with the rail lines shut down by First Nation protestors, I suspect the cars will be late.

In the mean time, there is an event at my dealer a few days after the one at Pfaff. Just waiting for the invite.

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they aren't coming in a private road transport truck, with the rail lines shut down by First Nation protestors, I suspect the cars will be late.

In the mean time, there is an event at my dealer a few days after the one at Pfaff. Just waiting for the invite.
Yea, that's definitely a worry right now. They'll probably arrive in Montreal and get on a transport truck. With these events taking place, I'm confident Porsche will keep their dates. The Germans know how to make things run on time!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'd be surprised if Porsche let these protests stop them from getting the deliveries on time. I rarely hear complaints about them when it comes to logistic stuff like this.

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw a tweet this morning from someone in Calgary saying no deliveries for 6 months. That sounded strange so I contacted Pfaff Porsche and they said that's not accurate. They actually have two customers cars on a truck from Halifax right now!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I saw a tweet this morning from someone in Calgary saying no deliveries for 6 months. That sounded strange so I contacted Pfaff Porsche and they said that's not accurate. They actually have two customers cars on a truck from Halifax right now!
That Calgary dealer must be over estimating by a lot to make it easier on themselves. I can't imagine it taking more than a few weeks longer than that Ontario dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was at an event Saturday evening. Two Taycans displayed. You can fit a 5'8" adult behind a 5'8" driver but anyway you slice it, the interior of this car isn't very large. The back seat is fairly cramped and rear seat passengers are starring into the back of a tall front bucket seat, which isn't very far away, which doesn't help the closed in feeling.

My overall assessment is this is a great effort and I'm sure it drives great. I'm inclined to wait for the upcoming Macan S EV. In a couple of years, Porsche will be achieving more range with many bugs worked out. At $150,000 CAD for a lightly equipped Taycan 4S, I think this is more of an early adopter car. having said that, I hope they sell thousands in the first year so they can make improvements in future models. :)

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you're not sold I take it?

I suspect the Macan EV will have better range, but probably not a much bigger interior. That car is already pretty tiny inside.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hey everyone. I was chatting with some of the folks at Pfaff Porsche at the Canadian International Auto Show today. They had some info about when Taycans will hit Canadian dealers. Some of you may already know this.

Apparently the first shipment of Taycans is already in the country and after landing in Halifax are now in transit to dealers. These are the first units dealers will get for demo purposes. They are not customer cars.

Dealers will be hosting private events on Feb 27th. Apparently the dealers will get cars any day now but they aren't allowed to display them until Feb 27th. This makes sure all dealers get a fair treatment.

They expect that if they roll out the Taycan right, they'll sell 200 in the first model year!!!

ALSO, I had a chat with Porsche about possibly getting Porsche Cars Canada President Marc Ouayoun to personally answer questions on the forum. If you're a Canadian Taycan owner or interested, let me know and we can look into setting this up.
I'd love to get some information from Mr. Ouayoun about the charging network in Canada and whether or not the Taycan will get range updates in future.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have order a Taycan Turbo S from Porsche of London on Nov 1 2019. It would be great to have a session with Mr. Ouayoun. In the meantime, I'm wondering if individuals who placed an order earlier than me have been given a build date or other information yet?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts