Taycan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to stop and charge up my Taycan at the local EA spot. There was a Ford Mustang Mach-E in the 350 slot even though there were 150 slots also available. Oh well. So, I park and start charging the Taycan. The Mach-E owner gets out and starts a conversation. Nice guy. I mentioned I made my decision between the Mach-E and the Taycan (perhaps a little bit of an exaggeration). Anyway, one of the charger terminals is completely inoperable. At that point a Chevy Bolt EV pulls into that slot and we mention that the charger terminal is broken. He says something like "I did not need a charge, but I saw your Porsche and just had to come over and look at it!". The Chevy Bolt EV guy asks dozens of questions, compliments the car over and over, and basically did not even notice the Mustang. The looks on the Mustang driver was like a sad puppy. His car is basically as new as mine. There are likely just as few out and about (I had not seen one in the real world previously) as the Taycan. Etc. Etc. Oh well, I guess for a little bit, the Taycan will still be a bit of a novelty on the road.

TP

· Registered
2021 Base Taycan Black with Black and Limestone Beige Interior
27 Posts
I decided to stop and charge up my Taycan at the local EA spot. There was a Ford Mustang Mach-E in the 350 slot even though there were 150 slots also available. Oh well. So, I park and start charging the Taycan. The Mach-E owner gets out and starts a conversation. Nice guy. I mentioned I made my decision between the Mach-E and the Taycan (perhaps a little bit of an exaggeration). Anyway, one of the charger terminals is completely inoperable. At that point a Chevy Bolt EV pulls into that slot and we mention that the charger terminal is broken. He says something like "I did not need a charge, but I saw your Porsche and just had to come over and look at it!". The Chevy Bolt EV guy asks dozens of questions, compliments the car over and over, and basically did not even notice the Mustang. The looks on the Mustang driver was like a sad puppy. His car is basically as new as mine. There are likely just as few out and about (I had not seen one in the real world previously) as the Taycan. Etc. Etc. Oh well, I guess for a little bit, the Taycan will still be a bit of a novelty on the road.

TP
I’m still awaiting the refund of my deposit on an MME. Like you, I was very close to buying the MME but saw the Taycan RWD as a better value.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.