Taycan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I usually only use 20%-pts SOC on a daily basis (like 85% to 65%…)
Is it better to recharge every night to 85% or rather every other or 3 days? – for battery life time etc.?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I charge it once SOC is 40% or less. I never owned or liked TSLA. However, Elon Musk once said, "Plugged in TSLA is a happy TSLA" for better battery life. I personally don't do that, I plugged it in once it reach 40% or less or if I need juice for long ride.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
I don't have a home charger so I charge my battery at an EA station once a week usually at 40-45% battery life and always charge to 100%.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Based on non-scientific research, I am charging it to 85% overnight when the charge goes below 50%. There should be some real science here; we should not have to be guessing.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
154 Posts
Based on non-scientific research, I am charging it to 85% overnight when the charge goes below 50%. There should be some real science here; we should not have to be guessing.
based on the owners manual the recommended max charge for a 2021's daily usage is 80%. if you have a 2020 then the number was 85%

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Mine get charged once a week to 100% at an EA charging station.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
154 Posts
Mine get charged once a week to 100% at an EA charging station.
and you are potentially inflicting the battery to being stressed and damaged both by constant use of DC charging and charging it to such a high SOC and not using it.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
I’ve been told no by Porsche since I don’t change it every day. Besides the battery is warrantied for 8 years and I trade mine every 2-3 years.

Reactions: Lowemont and ICU

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
154 Posts
I’ve been told no by Porsche since I don’t change it every day. Besides the battery is warrantied for 8 years and I trade mine every 2-3 years.
there you go again, depending on the advice from a car salesman. SMH

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
there you go again, depending on the advice from a car salesman. SMH
While I appreciate your concern I choose how I charge my battery and if that means 100% rather than 80-85% so be it. Thanks for looking out for me but I'm fine.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
154 Posts
While I appreciate your concern I choose how I charge my battery and if that means 100% rather than 80-85% so be it. Thanks for looking out for me but I'm fine.
some people never change their oil or check the tire pressures, however that isn't best practices for the health of the car.
you certainly are free to do as you please with your car regardless of how it will effect the car in the future.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
some people never change their oil or check the tire pressures, however that isn't best practices for the health of the car.
you certainly are free to do as you please with your car regardless of how it will effect the car in the future.
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts