Taycan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FM over the air radio tuner failed yesterday....it won't receive any station signals.
Everything else functions normally...Apple Music, Internet Radio, etc.
Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve had my FM go out twice now in the first month I’ve had my 2021 4S. The other media functions worked.

The first time it occurred I think was just after a charge (not certain). The media screen showed “Loading data” for about 4 hours and then the radio came back. The second time was just now after another charge...shows “Loading data”. It’s inky been about an hour, so I’ll try to remember to update this post.

Also, I have charged the car several times, so maybe the charging is purely coincidental and means nothing.

I have also had all of the media functions become inoperable but there was no message about any updates. Porsche recommended I reset the PCM to factory and start over. That was a pain.

All of this is unimpressive and Porsche needs to figure this stuff out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve had my FM go out twice now in the first month I’ve had my 2021 4S. The other media functions worked.

The first time it occurred I think was just after a charge (not certain). The media screen showed “Loading data” for about 4 hours and then the radio came back. The second time was just now after another charge...shows “Loading data”. It’s inky been about an hour, so I’ll try to remember to update this post.

Also, I have charged the car several times, so maybe the charging is purely coincidental and means nothing.

I have also had all of the media functions become inoperable but there was no message about any updates. Porsche recommended I reset the PCM to factory and start over. That was a pain.

Thanks....I have not yet managed to get the over-the-air FM to work...everything else does work. I thought I would wait for the big update, to see whether that fixes the problem.
The silver lining is that I have now become familiar with internet radio.

·
Registered
85 Posts

same happened to me. They had to rest the PCM and it was pain in the butt to reprogram all my settings again and after all this, still didn't fix the issue with SIRUS XM and voice commands

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same happened to me. They had to rest the PCM and it was pain in the butt to reprogram all my settings again and after all this, still didn't fix the issue with SIRUS XM and voice commands
I am hoping that the major update will include restoration of the FM....hope springs eternal!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
My only issue has been my Sirius XM radio not loading. A trip to the dealership solved the problem with a work around performed by my Sales Associate.

Reactions: ICU

·
Registered
85 Posts
My only issue has been my Sirius XM radio not loading. A trip to the dealership solved the problem with a work around performed by my Sales Associate.
I did and I'm aware of the diamond trick programing they offer. However, issue persisted. I got used to use the voice command the minute I enter the car and change the channel to the one i want.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
I did and I'm aware of the diamond trick programing they offer. However, issue persisted. I got used to use the voice command the minute I enter the car and change the channel to the one i want.
That is really weird. Have they offered you any solution to your issue?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
Have you tried reaching out to Porsche North America? Sometimes they are helpful but they might just refer you back to your dealership. May be worth a try.

Reactions: ICU

·
Registered
85 Posts
I tried a new thing today just turned off the "data connection notification" and that solved the annoying message from SIRUS XM that "subscription has been changed". I hope this trick will fix it for good, especially I gave up on finding a solution to this SIRUS XM recurrent issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
138 Posts
Have you tried reaching out to Porsche North America? Sometimes they are helpful but they might just refer you back to your dealership. May be worth a try.
I believe that the customer care call center is outsourced and all that they do is intake of issues and that they themselves do little if anything to address any customer concerns, they forward it on, sometimes you might actually get a generic email saying your complaint has been received and that they will work towards a solution, the solution is usually visit your dealership.

porsche customer care is a black hole where issues go to die

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
I believe that the customer care call center is outsourced and all that they do is intake of issues and that they themselves do little if anything to address any customer concerns, they forward it on, sometimes you might actually get a generic email saying your complaint has been received and that they will work towards a solution, the solution is usually visit your dealership.

porsche customer care is a black hole where issues go to die
Thanks for responding. I though it might be more helpful than that. Apparently not.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
I tried a new thing today just turned off the "data connection notification" and that solved the annoying message from SIRUS XM that "subscription has been changed". I hope this trick will fix it for good, especially I gave up on finding a solution to this SIRUS XM recurrent issues.
Interesting. Do you have any idea what if any thing that will do the the OTA downloads? Hopefully, nothing. Anyway please keep us posted on how well this work around works.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting. Do you have any idea what if any thing that will do the the OTA downloads? Hopefully, nothing. Anyway please keep us posted on how well this work around works.
The latest software update cured my FM problems

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
Good to hear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts