Taycan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the 5 step process to connect my opener with my Taycan, I could never get past step 1. The Taycan would not recognize my opener. I took the opener to my dealer and it worked on other cars, just not mine. They kept it overnight and found out the module from home link was defective. They ordered a new one and now it works perfectly. Anyone who can’t get past step 1 should have the home link module tested.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Out of the 5 step process to connect my opener with my Taycan, I could never get past step 1. The Taycan would not recognize my opener. I took the opener to my dealer and it worked on other cars, just not mine. They kept it overnight and found out the module from home link was defective. They ordered a new one and now it works perfectly. Anyone who can’t get past step 1 should have the home link module tested.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Dr2bgrt

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I'm still not able to get my HomeLink to sync with the gate in my apartment garage. At this point I'm relegated to use my apartment key fab.

· Registered
3 Posts
I actually had the same issue, and guess what. It resolved somehow by itself. I don't really understand how but the next day, it was already working. But you know, I will change it though it works. So, I'm going to change my garage doors for these ones https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-category/garage-doors/, so I think it would be reasonable to change the HomeLink too. Maybe I"ll change it for another system. Btw, do you have any recommendations on how to replace it? Because I'm lost, there are a lot of similar systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.