Porsche Taycan EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Porsche is still revealing very little about exact specs for the Taycan's powertrain, but there are a few things that we know. At least one version of the car will have over 600bhp, and should be capable of more than 300 miles of range. The 0-60 sprint is expected to take less than 3.5 seconds. It is beleived that the Taycan will follow other badges with the following performance ladder:

Carrera 300kW equivalent to 396bhp
Carrera S 400kW equivalent to 529bhp
Turbo 500kW equivalent to 661bhp

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wonder how the base model will compare in terms of range to what Tesla is offering with the Model 3. With the mid range model now available from $45k, its been rated at 260 miles. Think Porsche can match this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't think we're going to see even the base model for less than $70k. But you can bet that if it sees solid sales that Porsche will begin work on an entry level model.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Consumers should expect to pay a premium on the Taycan regardless of the trim level. Unlike Tesla, Porsche has proven with every generation that build quality and solid driving mechanics are their top priority.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Consumers should expect to pay a premium on the Taycan regardless of the trim level. Unlike Tesla, Porsche has proven with every generation that build quality and solid driving mechanics are their top priority.
Agree. Porsche even said that it'll have many 911 characteristics. I guess we can say this will be the 911 4-door we all wished for since that hasn't happened ever.
However, it will be a bit closer to the Panamera than a 911, also according to Porsche reps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agree. Porsche even said that it'll have many 911 characteristics. I guess we can say this will be the 911 4-door we all wished for since that hasn't happened ever.
However, it will be a bit closer to the Panamera than a 911, also according to Porsche reps.
the lack of engine sound is going to be a concern but definitely not a deal breaker, what we don't know however is what a simulated engine sound from Porsche will sound like.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I hope that we see something similar to what Jaguar has used in the new I-Pace. Its a very unique and subtle noise and can be disabled at any time. For those who haven't heard it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts