Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Taycan RWD 2021
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Taycan RWD delivered a month ago. Did not drive much so far, and possibly will not be able to enjoy it 100% before next spring ( winter and snow just arrived here..). Still, some first impressions:
  • What a beautiful car, both outside (volcano grey) an inside (beige leather) ! 😍
  • Also great to drive. This is my first Porsche, coming from 2 Audis A7, which were good cars too, but clearly this is something else.. Overall finish/ quality, silence (I did not take the star wars sound option, would rather have had a good flat 6 noise… but after all no sound at all is probably even better) , no response time when pushing the throttle, glued to the road (have not tried on snow yet..), etc. Probably the more powerful versions are even more impressive, but definitely this ‘base’ model is more than enough for daily driving, taking into account traffic, road conditions, vaguely respecting speed limitations etc
  • My first EV, and seems like there will no range issues. So far I am on approx 370km per load (battery 93kw), with mostly motorways and a bit cold weather. Could easy reach 400 in spring I guess. Get full charge overnight with 11kw home charger (industrial plug 16A), and for longer distance will do with Ionity ( not tried that yet)
  • On the less positive side -or should Isay this is it what gives the car extra personality 😜-: clearly it appears that Porsche is a car manufacturer that later went into technology, and not the opposite.. Some of the issues noted:
  • Porsche Connect smartphone app actually does not connect, or at best 2 days/ week..
  • Alarm goes off systematically when I park the car at ONE specific spot - no problem
anywhere else..
  • Outside mirrors not heating (.. or I have not yet found it how to i strict that from this complicated board computer?), and folding up instead of down as a parking assistance courtesy.
  • Board computer sometimes homesick thus turning to mother tongue German..
  • Wireless charger just missing. Shortage of semi conductors I assume.
In total othing unliveable, but a bit surprising for a car of such standing (and price). Surfing through this forum I realise I am not the first and only one getting such issues. And when talking to Porsche Center, reply basically is : yes, sorry, we know, child diseases, this will get fixed soon.. Still..
Conclusion: this is not a perfect car, but ‘just’ a great and lovely one 😻!
Hope the input may be of some use to new or prospective owners. Also happy to hear of any magic solution to the item listed above !
Regards from Luxembourg

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Nice writeup. Thanks for sharing.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Congrats on your new Taycan and welcome to the forum.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Very nice. Happy Motoring!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.