Taycan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Taycan 4S | Performance Battery Plus
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to let everyone know I’ve been driving around with the latest update since Tuesday, I’m sure you already know they added a few new features, as well as fixed some bugs, such as the 12 volt battery draining.
Besides all that, they also claim they’ve improved the power delivery as well as overall handling. I can agree as to me overall driving experience is a lot better, for instance my gearbox used to bang if it downshifts under heavy acceleration, it is now very smooth, car honestly has a lot more power it feels, almost like driving in sport even though it’s in normal mode.

Theres however one disappointing outcome from this update, after the car is charged , whether it’s to 100 percent or 80, or whatever amount you preset it to, it quits charging and ejects the charging plug once the charge is complete. In other words it is now impossible to tender your battery. Once charging is complete you can pull the plug out without pushing the small circle button, you know the one that glows green etc.

I still encourage everyone to rush to their dealer and get the update of course!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the update. I have both a Tesla Mosel S P85 and now the 4S Taycan with most of the options. I have complained in a post here, that the Taycan does not have the instant accelerator feel of the Tesla: even in Sport and Sport+; once up and moving both are similar in acceleration torque. This post suggests that they have corrected this in the update. I hope so since it is my only major Taycan complaint. I have an appointment for an update on the 20th of April, so I will let you know if this was corrected.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Theres however one disappointing outcome from this update, after the car is charged , whether it’s to 100 percent or 80, or whatever amount you preset it to, it quits charging and ejects the charging plug once the charge is complete. In other words it is now impossible to tender your battery. Once charging is complete you can pull the plug out without pushing the small circle button, you know the one that glows green etc.
Could this be a good thing? Could it prevent you from needlessly wasting electricity or incurring extra charges at a charging station? I had a problem with my Tesla that with my Clippercreek 80A CS-100 charger it would finish charging them repeatedly keep turning the charger on and off until the 12V battery went dead. If I accidentally left it connected overnight I ended up with a drained 12V battery and the car was dead. This will hopefully fix that.

·
Registered
Taycan 4S | Performance Battery Plus
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could this be a good thing? Could it prevent you from needlessly wasting electricity or incurring extra charges at a charging station? I had a problem with my Tesla that with my Clippercreek 80A CS-100 charger it would finish charging them repeatedly keep turning the charger on and off until the 12V battery went dead. If I accidentally left it connected overnight I ended up with a drained 12V battery and the car was dead. This will hopefully fix that.
That is exactly why they’ve done that, to avoid 12 volt battery issues. Pretty sad they had to handle it this way though, the car is supposed to be able to just end charging on its own but also understand it’s plugged in, now once the car is charged, even though it’s plugged in, car thinks the plug is ejected. So if you leave for 6 months n you wanted to tender your battery you are out of luck.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
That is exactly why they’ve done that, to avoid 12 volt battery issues. Pretty sad they had to handle it this way though, the car is supposed to be able to just end charging on its own but also understand it’s plugged in, now once the car is charged, even though it’s plugged in, car thinks the plug is ejected. So if you leave for 6 months n you wanted to tender your battery you are out of luck.
I'll bet this is a temporary thing until they figure out why car kept asking for more charge (on some chargers) after it hit the set limit (or 100%). My guess is they'll probably reenable it for the Porsche factory charger so you can use that as a tender device down the road. But I've found so little leakage I wouldn't expect the battery to be down very far even after six months of sitting idle and the truth is letting the car sit in one place for six months is so bad for your tires (developing flat spots) that's probably not a safe thing to do anyway.

Also I have three of those ClipperCreek 80A chargers so I'm delighted if this fixes that problem. I had to keep setting reminders on my phone to come back an unplug the car and I couldn't charge it if I came home late at night because it would be dead by the time I woke up. It was a real pain in the butt.

·
Registered
Taycan Turbo S, Maclaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Alpha Romeo Giulia Quadrafoglio, Mini Cooper, Tesla P100
16 Posts
Thanks for the update. I have both a Tesla Mosel S P85 and now the 4S Taycan with most of the options. I have complained in a post here, that the Taycan does not have the instant accelerator feel of the Tesla: even in Sport and Sport+; once up and moving both are similar in acceleration torque. This post suggests that they have corrected this in the update. I hope so since it is my only major Taycan complaint. I have an appointment for an update on the 20th of April, so I will let you know if this was corrected.
The Turbo S is equivalent in acceleration to the S P100D. And you can do multiple lunches one after another with little to no degradation, which you cant on the Tesla (Im a previous Tesla user with a Turbo S now).

·
Registered
147 Posts
The auto eject at charge completion will allow thieves to make off with my Tesla Tap...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts