Taycan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Had no cold air blowing through the A/C on Monday. Took car to the dealership. They found car had NO freon. They took apart the "frunk" and put dye into the system. Found that an O-ring was either crimped or installed incorrectly and the freon had escaped. They installed a new O-ring and we shall see.

2) First "recall" campaign. Needed to download new software for many of the "Controls" including PCM.

I have had intermittent issues where the PCM would go blank for extended periods. Would try and stop car and "reboot" but sometimes this wouldn't reset the PCM. After an extended time with car off the unit would power back up. Phone would still work via bluetooth but couldn't operate any functions from the center screen. Hopefully the recall will help with that.

4380 miles so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just spent an hour, including 30-minute hold time, registering the Car Connect app, only to be told at the end that “the dealer now must plug the device into the device” in order for the app to work.

My question to you is: will any of the the app’s functions, like “geofencing” or telling me the car tire pressure remotely, actually be necessary to operate the Taycan?

When the various functions were explained to me at the end of the long phone call, I realized that none of these things were necessary for me to operate the Macan as I have done for the past three years.

We take delivery this week of our Taycan, and I’m very much looking forward to driving the car, but I’m very apprehensive about Porsche’s ability to do software with even minimal competence.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just spent an hour, including 30-minute hold time, registering the Car Connect app, only to be told at the end that “the dealer now must plug the device into the device” in order for the app to work.

My question to you is: will any of the the app’s functions, like “geofencing” or telling me the car tire pressure remotely, actually be necessary to operate the Taycan?

When the various functions were explained to me at the end of the long phone call, I realized that none of these things were necessary for me to operate the Macan as I have done for the past three years.

We take delivery this week of our Taycan, and I’m very much looking forward to driving the car, but I’m very apprehensive about Porsche’s ability to do software with even minimal competence.
The car connect app actually works really well for me. And your charging portal is in there if you need to charge at any of the Electrify America charging stations. The initial set up wasn't very difficult but a little more cumbersome than it should have been. You can "precool" or heat the car from the app so that's kinda nice, but you don't really need it to operate the car. You do need to be "logged" in in the car for all the apps and features to work on the PCM. And all the automatic updates work when you are logged into the Porsche site. Make sense ??

·
Registered
18 Posts
The car connect app actually works really well for me. And your charging portal is in there if you need to charge at any of the Electrify America charging stations. The initial set up wasn't very difficult but a little more cumbersome than it should have been. You can "precool" or heat the car from the app so that's kinda nice, but you don't really need it to operate the car. You do need to be "logged" in in the car for all the apps and features to work on the PCM. And all the automatic updates work when you are logged into the Porsche site. Make sense ??
It’s reassuring to hear that you had a good experience. The cumbersomeness of setting up the Porsche connect software was mind-blowingly bad.

And if you look at the ratings of the app on Google it gets a 1.5 out of 5.0 rating with literally scores or even hundreds of angry and very negative reviews.

So, fingers crossed that I won’t run into problems...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s reassuring to hear that you had a good experience. The cumbersomeness of setting up the Porsche connect software was mind-blowingly bad.

And if you look at the ratings of the app on Google it gets a 1.5 out of 5.0 rating with literally scores or even hundreds of angry and very negative reviews.

So, fingers crossed that I won’t run into problems...
I can only say that for me, I use it to see how much charge time is left and to precool the car. I used it once to charge at a station, that's it

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first post...

if you sign up on your own with “Electrify America”, you must also get the “Charging America“ app (Charging NA on the Apple App Store) and sign in with your Porsche I.D. to use your Porsche credits at “Electrify America” charging stations.

My first try wouldn‘t work and the EA customer service rep (very helpful) told me about the need for the CA app. My Porsche brand ambassador didn’t know, either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts