Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange concept, purchased a Cross Turismo based on test driving a Saloon (that's a sedan for you US dwellers), loved the concept of the estate (that's again a shooting brake??) version (but don't call it an estate!!).

Not sure how many purchases you would generally make for over £100k ($150k) without actually seeing the product?
Anyhow, my local dealership finally got a showroom car, so I took a drive down to see it.

To be honest I was a bit nervous, but to my delight it was even better in the flesh than I could have imagined.
Definitely worth the wait and it's certainly over delivered to my expectations.
Pictures just don't do this justice but see attached.
The rear end is just awesome!

High gloss black window surrounds would look nice!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also could only test drive the sedan and ordered the CT when my dealer started taking orders but before seeing one. Yes, it felt a tad bit strange to buy a car without seeing or driving the model itself. But my wife pushed for the Porsche while I was thinking of a less expensive electric small SUV now and waiting a couple of years for the new Taycan to work out the bugs. I had previously seen a Panamera Turismo in Europe and loved the look. I have no idea where the ‘shooting brake’ term comes from … I’d call it a station wagon, or just a wagon. I’ve been in love with the idea of a sports car wagon since the Volvo P1800ES.

Yesterday was the first time I saw a Taycan sedan out on the streets, next to our car at a light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But my wife pushed for the Porsche while I was thinking of a less expensive electric small SUV
That's funny, don't you realise, you're not going to get to drive it!
Your Missus will be taking ownership when it arrives 😂

I'm not putting my wife on the insurance...😉

My old boss years ago had the Audi RS4 when they first released them, that was a beast in disguise too.

When is your CT due for delivery?

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
I've yet to see one in person. My dealer only has sedans in inventory and none of the customer ordered CT have arrived yet. I'm looking forward to actually seeing one up close.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi PG,
You won't be disappointed, pictures just simply don't do the design justice.
I know there's going to be a Sport Turismo coming along at some point, but can't wait for that...

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's funny, don't you realise, you're not going to get to drive it!
Your Missus will be taking ownership when it arrives 😂

I'm not putting my wife on the insurance...😉

My old boss years ago had the Audi RS4 when they first released them, that was a beast in disguise too.

When is your CT due for delivery?
Oddly, my wife did not even want to take part in the test drive, other than to sit in the passenger seat. If we were not at the dealership together to drop my 911 off for service I doubt that she would have even come with me for the test drive. She likes her Audi A3 E-tron. She is worried that the Taycan is too big. But I do think she will like it once it is here, and she did want to be assured that her spinning wheel would fit into the back.

The TrackYourDream web site has been holding steady at 29 Oct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts