Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new odd issue with my 2021 Taycan. Recently, the radio, Sirius, Apple Car play etc on the PCM will not go on unless I am in the car (or drive) for several minutes. Once it goes on, it is fine but it does it when I turn off the car. It either says that it is loading data or the screen is blank or it is unresponsive when you try to access any station. It will play the last station or Apple Car Play for a minute but then shut off. I have had the new updates installed by the dealer. They are very nice but do not have a clue as to how to fix it. Has anyone had this problem and is there a fix? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I have a new odd issue with my 2021 Taycan. Recently, the radio, Sirius, Apple Car play etc on the PCM will not go on unless I am in the car (or drive) for several minutes. Once it goes on, it is fine but it does it when I turn off the car. It either says that it is loading data or the screen is blank or it is unresponsive when you try to access any station. It will play the last station or Apple Car Play for a minute but then shut off. I have had the new updates installed by the dealer. They are very nice but do not have a clue as to how to fix it. Has anyone had this problem and is there a fix? Thanks!
It’s not a constant issue, but I have had the same thing happen in my 2021 Turbo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2021 4S. I lost my station favorites this week and the system is taking a long time to load, but I’m not having the on/off problems you are experiencing. The favorites were lost a couple of days after an April 26/27 OTA update that I got an email about. I did what they said with the logging in as a Guest driver and then back to my account, but that didn’t fix it. After this update it also started taking longer to load. It was better after that major update a couple of months ago, but now it’s back to the same crap.

And I’m still getting that notice about my SiriusXM subscription changing that has been a pain for about 6 months.
Sheer incompetence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not surprising considering all the interfaces & synchronization that have to take place at startup. All my phone/navigation/Sirius interfaces are operable within a couple of minutes of startup. Annoying! but have only had a couple of incidents where HeyPorsche stopped working for a few hours. An overnight "rest" solved that issue. Plenty of room for improvement. Think about how long PC's used to take to boot up! I've been driving my 2021 Base model for about 6 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 4S with all current updates installed. This is already a new PCM, that I needed to replace the faulty original PCM that dies after a year. I have had the same delayed booting problem as everyone else for a few months, which usually ends with the Sirius XM Subscription Updated message. When brand new, there was better reliability and function - the SiriusXM used to list the songs being played on all the channels on the list, but an "update" took that away. Dealer had no clue, so I guess we'll continue being their beta testers for awhile longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts