Taycan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Porsche and Electrify America have been building out an extensive charging network will ultimately result in few charger dead zone. The map below shows where many of the DC chargers are located, clearly showing that road trips in the Taycan is very possible.

With the current number of chargers, has anyone discovered dead zones?

"Electrify America will have more than 300 highway stations in 42 states and another 184 sites in 17 metro areas. Each location will have an average of five charging dispensers, with some having as many as 10. In all, Electrify America says 484 locations will be installed or under construction by July 1.

The highway stations will have a minimum of two 350 kW chargers per site, with additional chargers delivering up to 150 kW. Charging dispensers at metro locations will have 150 kilowatts of power.

The highway stations will be spaced along multiple routes — as can be seen in the map above — and no more than 120 miles from each other. The distance between highway stations will average 70 miles.

In addition to this 484-station Electrify America network, all 191 Porsche dealerships will be installing their own DC fast-charging units. More than 120 of these dealerships will feature Porsche Turbo Charging, which is the automaker’s own DC system that delivers up to 320 kW and also uses the CCS plug. The remaining dealerships will install 50 kW fast chargers"
quoted from techcrunch

Map Ecoregion Line Atlas World

·
Registered
9 Posts
PLEASE HELP: A charger in Albert Lea, MN would allow me to travel from Kansa City to Des Moines (home) to Minneapolis and Sioux Falls, SD. PLEASE ASK ELECTRIFY AMERICA FOR A SITE AT THE WALMART IN ALBERT LEA,MN. It is where major E/W and N/S interstates meet and would radically expand non Tesla electric driving to multiple cities. Tesla has a Supercharger here. EA HAS SAID THE MORE PEOPLE ASK THE MORE CHANCE OF GETTING IT, so :1. Go to EA website 2. Press bars in upper left corner. 3. Press submissions and ask for a DC fast charger at this important crossroads. THANK YOU!!!!
Text Line Map Font Diagram

·
Registered
102 Posts
@ZZZZAP Have you also tried calling Electrify America? I have called them before to ask about adding chargers to various areas and they were quite friendly on the phone and seemed committed to getting my requests in front of the appropriate people. They said the more people requested a location, the more seriously they would look at it, and in my case, several others had contacted them about some more Arizona chargers at the time I called them last year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have, and you are right they seemed very eager to help, but the person to whom I spoke said to put in a request on the website and have as many people as possible do the same. She said that numbers make the most difference.
thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts