Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was at my dealer yesterday they told me its now time to turn on the feature that allows you to simply plug in at the EA charging stations without the necessity of using your cell phone to log in. Tried it today and it worked like a charm. Just plug and charge.

Reactions: FroznBerry

·
Registered
58 Posts
While I was at my dealer yesterday they told me its now time to turn on the feature that allows you to simply plug in at the EA charging stations without the necessity of using your cell phone to log in. Tried it today and it worked like a charm. Just plug and charge.
Yup did my first fast charge at EA yesterday. I used the Porsche charging service App and i worked flawlessly

Very pleased :)

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup did my first fast charge at EA yesterday. I used the Porsche charging service App and i worked flawlessly

Very pleased :)
What year is your Taycan. If its a 2021 you don't need to use the Porsche App you simply plug in and charge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you get 30 minutes free?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could you please explain where is the feature that bypasses the Porsche app?

I just finished a 1200 mile road trip with my 21 And my experience with the Taycan was an A+ but with the Electrify America stations barely a D-. Almost got stuck in the middle of Kentucky when 5 out 5 charging stations were dead and the next station was 60 miles away. My experience is that the connection within the app is the biggest issue, takes a considerable amount of time to find my car and to connect to the station. Not ready for prime time IMHO….

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes there is a setting in the vehicle section of settings where you select it and when you get to the EA charging station all you have to do is plug in and the system does the rest. It will identify your Taycan, verify payment by Porsche and start charging. I used it yesterday for the first time and it worked like a charm.

Reactions: Piper

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
162 Posts
if you have the onboard 19.2kw charger plug an play will NOT work for you.
I am having a lot of issues using the EA units, my car has a 50-50 chance of charging via the NA app.
apparently there is some sort of fault that is inhibiting the "talk" between the car and the charger. yesterday I was almost stranded by not being able to get a charge going and EA was unable to force the charger to charge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Kort. On the road I'm 50-50 too. I too had an EA experience where they couldn't get any charger to charge. I'm noting similarities where I have a problem. Haven't concluded anything yet because I don't go out of area often. So far, poorer communities are presenting the most off-line experiences. Would poorer communities have less use and have chargers sitting for days in the sun without waking? I'm not sure how chargers work and not enough experiences yet to judge.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
162 Posts
Hey Kort. On the road I'm 50-50 too. I too had an EA experience where they couldn't get any charger to charge. I'm noting similarities where I have a problem. Haven't concluded anything yet because I don't go out of area often. So far, poorer communities are presenting the most off-line experiences. Would poorer communities have less use and have chargers sitting for days in the sun without waking? I'm not sure how chargers work and not enough experiences yet to judge.
I am going to try to have porsche diagnose the issue from their end, I believe there is something wrong internally to the car or that there could be a misconfiguration in some software, however I am leaning towards the car being the problem, something is stopping the "conversation" between the car and the EA chargers, I haven't seen any issues other than with the EA units.
one trick that EA can try from their end is to reboot their unit, sometimes that helps.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So far I have had no issues with EA Charging Stations. The direct connection is working perfectly for me. Guess I should shut up before I jinks myself.

·
Registered
1998 911 (993) C2S, 1999 911 (996) C2, 2019 Cayenne, 2021 Taycan
4 Posts
I have a new 21 Taycan and haven't used the EA charging stations yet... I want to try a nearby local station for a trial run; I've downloaded the Porsche Charging App, but when I go into the app settings and try to configure my car, it does not give me an option to do so; it just says, "You have not yet configured your vehicle." I can't figure out where in the Porsche Charging app to do so...

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
162 Posts
I have a new 21 Taycan and haven't used the EA charging stations yet... I want to try a nearby local station for a trial run; I've downloaded the Porsche Charging App, but when I go into the app settings and try to configure my car, it does not give me an option to do so; it just says, "You have not yet configured your vehicle." I can't figure out where in the Porsche Charging app to do so...
you need to configure the car on the porsche connect app before the charging NA app

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You should also be aware that you can select plug and charge in settings which allow you to simply plug into the EA charger and it automatically recognizes your vehicle, approved payment by Porsche and starts charging. Still make sure your Porsche Connect app is set up. The plug and charge feature is only available on 2021 models.

Reactions: mark3575

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
162 Posts
You should also be aware that you can select plug and charge in settings which allow you to simply plug into the EA charger and it automatically recognizes your vehicle, approved payment by Porsche and starts charging. Still make sure your Porsche Connect app is set up. The plug and charge feature is only available on 2021 models.
while true for many taycans there is a subset of cars that have the 19.2 kw onboard charger that has a conflict and doesn't allow the plug and charge to work

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
while true for many taycans there is a subset of cars that have the 19.2 kw onboard charger that has a conflict and doesn't allow the plug and charge to work
What about you 21 Taycan?

·
Registered
1998 911 (993) C2S, 1999 911 (996) C2, 2019 Cayenne, 2021 Taycan
4 Posts
Very helpful to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
162 Posts
What about you 21 Taycan?
like I have noted, the presence of the 19.s hardware in the car causes a conflict with plug and charge so ANY taycan with the 19.2 kw onboard charger will not be able to use plug and charge.
in addition not every EA unit is capable of plug and charge.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts