Taycan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into diversifying my portfolio and putting my money where my mouth is about EVs. For anyone on the forum trading equities and are invested in an all-electric future, which companies are you buying shares of? Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've been looking into diversifying my portfolio and putting my money where my mouth is about EVs. For anyone on the forum trading equities and are invested in an all-electric future, which companies are you buying shares of? Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated.
unless any one of us is licensed to give investment advice and has fiduciary duty to you and your investment goals, stock tips or recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt and your own due diligence in any particular equity needs to be part of your investing strategy. What works for me investment wise, probably won't work for you due to individual risk management. My risk tolerance allows me to invest on the supplier side of BEV, mining, chip manufacturers, battery makers, ect.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I own Spark Energy preferred stock (SPKEP) and have for years. We used Spark Energy 100% renewable in Dallas for years before we moved to AR. Their preferred stock also pays 8.97% dividend to boot. They have paid about 13 quarters of the 25 for this issue. It was selling for $25 before the current crisis and is currently selling for $20.13 making the yield over 10% and the yield to call over 20%. :SPKE's Debt-to-EBITDA is ranked higher than 74% of the 445 Companies. The only way you can pay is with a credit card and you must give them your credit card information when signing up, then they charge it monthly. They have changed their strategy to reduce commercial customers. Free cash is going up and so are profits. Debt is going down. The dividends from this stock will pay for my Taycan unless they buy it back for the $25 PAR value 12 quarters from now and if they do that they will pay the Taycan off early. Not perfect, but close.

I use a service called CDx3 which tells me all the Preferred stocks when they IPO. They have a 10 element criteria rating. SPKEP got a 9 because the parent SPKE doesn't have a Moody rating. I also use Schwab which currently gives it an A (buy) rating.
They just published their 1st qtr results here https://ir.sparkenergy.com/websites/senergy/English/2300/press-releases.html?
from report: Approximately 70% of all new sales for 2019 were fully renewable electricity or carbon-neutral natural gas news_id=6563837932613182&menu_active=2100
And Schwab will give you level II market depth for free if you trade actively or have a moderately large account.

Hawk is correct, so check it out.

Chuck J

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm am a big fan of correlated investing and wonder if anyone noticed stocks that move with moment like Porsche's, or at least have some relationship with it, good or bad. It is after all one area we can quickly diversify with little added effort (not that i'm trying to be lazy with my capital).

Obvious routes are suppliers like Panasonic but are there others I should be aware of?
"The battery is perhaps the most obvious and crucial part of electric vehicles, and is where most of the cost and performance comes from. So why not cut to the chase and buy one of the largest lithium battery producers in the world via Panasonic? 6752, +2.38% PCRFY, +1.90%"
(good read, in my opinion)

Oh and that rally coming out of late May would have meant possibly making our year in the past couple weeks!
porsche-automobil-holding-se-market-summary-may-2020.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts