Taycan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has an official (after a series of delays) production date set to 29th of May. I really liked the Electric Sound option, when I first drove a demo car in March. Since that time I tried to add it to my config, but even 2 months ago I got a final answer that the configuration is locked by the factory and my dealer is not able to request to change it any more. Is there, in this group, maybe someone who could help anyhow to still edit this config? I'd be really grateful! (I guess not, but it's always worth to try...
;) )

Or do You know if this will be able to be added as retrofit or OTA update? I've heard that in the US yes, but not in Europe...

·
Registered
160 Posts
My car has an official (after a series of delays) production date set to 29th of May. I really liked the Electric Sound option, when I first drove a demo car in March. Since that time I tried to add it to my config, but even 2 months ago I got a final answer that the configuration is locked by the factory and my dealer is not able to request to change it any more. Is there, in this group, maybe someone who could help anyhow to still edit this config? I'd be really grateful! (I guess not, but it's always worth to try...
;) )

Or do You know if this will be able to be added as retrofit or OTA update? I've heard that in the US yes, but not in Europe...
per my dealership been told that in the future Porsche will offer up purchasable OTA updates to increase performance/entertainment/ect, that will might includes the "Electric Sound" option.. when/where is TBD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
per my dealership been told that in the future Porsche will offer up purchasable OTA updates to increase performance/entertainment/ect, that will might includes the "Electric Sound" option.. when/where is TBD
As I know, in the US this is probable as the regulations require the car to have the outside speakers anyways. In Europe it's different :(

The easiest way for me it'd be just to add it before the production, that's why I was asking...

·
Registered
160 Posts
As I know, in the US this is probable as the regulations require the car to have the outside speakers anyways. In Europe it's different :(

The easiest way for me it'd be just to add it before the production, that's why I was asking...
US and EU require "pedestrian warning" sound at low speed.. that goes for both. The "electric sound" you are talking about is a "amp'd-up" sound & setting on the inside of the car thru its speaker system

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
US and EU require "pedestrian warning" sound at low speed.. that goes for both. The "electric sound" you are talking about is a "amp'd-up" sound & setting on the inside of the car thru its speaker system
Thanks for the point. Hmm. What about the sound outside the car? It's actually louder than the one inside. Is it possible that it's generated through the speakers from inside the car?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the point. Hmm. What about the sound outside the car? It's actually louder than the one inside. Is it possible that it's generated through the speakers from inside the car?
to my knowledge having test driven a Turbo 4x with the optional Sound Option every single time & quite enjoyed the sound of it tbh .. the outside sound is not magnified imo .. when you select the option in the menu its only amplified on the inside .. the outside sound remains the same at slow speeds for pedestrian warning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealership told me that the sound in this option is magnified outside as well. They said that they checked that, but maybe they didn't?

·
Registered
160 Posts
My dealership told me that the sound in this option is magnified outside as well. They said that they checked that, but maybe they didn't?
I had the windows open a few occasions, sound option selected .. the "amp'd-up" inside sound overpowered the outside upon acceleration ..imo.. maybe i am mistaken and the sound is magnified on the outside

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I asked the dealer to double check that information. Anyways, it’d be best just to add while production...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the windows open a few occasions, sound option selected .. the "amp'd-up" inside sound overpowered the outside upon acceleration ..imo.. maybe i am mistaken and the sound is magnified on the outside
It covers also sound outside - it's even written in the configurator:
Porsche Electric Sport Sound enhances the vehicle’s own sound and makes it sound even more emotional - both outside and inside the vehicle. Can be activated/deactivated via Porsche Communication Management

1 - 10 of 10 Posts